2004 Jetta Window Regulator

obiwan1129

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (Buyback)
Yesterday my window fell down. The motor is fine and upon taking apart the door panel I can reseat the window into the clips. The window won't stay seated into the clips when I try to raise and lower the window. I've tried loosening and retightening the clip but still no joy. I've heard some people suggest using glue/epoxy to tighten it up.

Do I need to suck it up and replace the clips, or is there something else I can try or am missing?

TIA

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
yes, its a very common issue, so common infact that when the mk3 came out there are reports of MANY, thousands of owners that had to come back up to 7 times in a year to fox this.

With a pair of pliers, pull all that plastic crap off the bit that holds to the cable ball. bend the tabs around it as best you can, then put a nail behind the plate and 2 quality zipties holding the cable to the plate via the nail on the other side. Permanent fix to a really bad VW design over 2 generations of cars and over what was presumable 2.5 million owners.
there are about 100 threads about this on this forum and over at VWVORTEX as well. a simple search will help you find what your looking for. this place has over 25 years of experience and knowledge, did you really think that this is the first time? This one is on me bro but next time do a search.

Also what part of MD are you at? Im in the frederick/ hagerstown area