Possible boost leak??

jmann8686

TDI
2005 Passat bsm delete
So I had to change my Serpentine belts a couple weeks back. Did the whole take the front of the car apart thing and disconnected the IC hoses. Got the car back together and back running no issues. No check engine light no hard starts or anything. The odd thing is when I push on the throttle and get the turbo going I get like a sucking noise or a blowing noise only for a quick second. Car still goes and I don't have the noise any other time other then when I push on the throttle and get the turbo going like when It down shift while climbing or when I jump on the throttle from a stand still. Could it be one of the lower hoses. is there an O ring that I am missing. it is not a constant noise just a quick like pssst and then done. No loss of power that I can tell and like I said above no check engine or limp mode. I made sure that the hoses where connected and the clips where on. Still get the noise. Any Ideas. It is a 05 with 153,xxx on the clock.

Thanks

Scubanero

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Yes.
I had what sounded like an intermittent duck call.
A static pressure test will likely find it.
I once had an O ring disappear entirely.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
My 04 had a stess/flex c=ack on the inner elbow of a pressure side hose. It was only found by putting low air pressure to the hose routing