Ea288 cp3 pump

fergyp

TDI
gtb'd fabia vrs
Looking at swapping out my cp4 pump for a cp3, I've sourced a few pumps 0445010042 R70 which I believe is used on the older common rail engines, now I'm guessing I need the BMW pump for the ea288 engine without the pump gear on the back, can any clear these up that have done the conversion, I'll be making my own adapter as the price tag for these are ridiculous at the least

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
You get in touch with macradiators and see how much he can ship the fitting kit...it might still be less money than if bought/sourced from uk...

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Sure, why dont you share with us this next experience so we can learn something from it? Its gonna be an interesting ride for sure.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Easier just to buy a kit and be done. Find a decent tuner to make the pump work in advance, otherwise it'll be just pain from the start.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
google brought me here and my cp4 seems to have locked up and would prefer not to use another one

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Think I saw your post on facebook, I'd recommend Darkside or Macradiators for a CP3 kit. Keep in mind the R90 version will require slight modification to the accessory bracket which is easiest done outside of the car. The R70 pumps are good to 300-350hp and no chopping of the bracket necessary.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Think I saw your post on facebook, I'd recommend Darkside or Macradiators for a CP3 kit. Keep in mind the R90 version will require slight modification to the accessory bracket which is easiest done outside of the car. The R70 pumps are good to 300-350hp and no chopping of the bracket necessary.
oh I’m not going for HP at all lol.
My uncle checked the timing and it was off, then looked at a “U shaped thing near the pump pulley” that was bent and wrapped around something that caused it to skip time, not too far tho as they believe the engine itself is ok.
They’re pulling the pump off completely to get a look at it.

so at this point I’m 99% sure I’ll need a new pump and don’t want another CP4.

looking for the most basic CP3 kit with the easiest install.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Do you have a price for the kit ? Will it work with a psa/Ford 1.6 Tdci fuel pump ? Is to go on a 2011 seat exeo…thanks !

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
when going from the CP4 to a CP3 is there any reason other than more power?

is the CP3 more reliable and less prone to failure?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
More reliable, and maybe a very slight improvement in fuel economy.
ok thanks, i wasn't sure if their failure rate is better than the 4s. I thought so since so many upgrade to them.

are these as simple as install then get a modified tune then go or is there a lot of messing around?
My uncles shop will be doing the work and while there good mechanics they aren't really into TDIs or tuning so this is a little bit new for them.

i currently have a malone tune and their loader

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The cp3 pumps are far more durable, greater flow capacity, and on the rare occasion that they do fail, they don't pollute the entire fuel system with metal shavings.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
The cp3 pumps are far more durable, greater flow capacity, and on the rare occasion that they do fail, they don't pollute the entire fuel system with metal shavings.
is the routing different so they don't mess up the entire system?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
is the routing different so they don't mess up the entire system?
Same routing, different mode of failure. This guy gives a good explanation. The main difference being that the cp4 in the diesel trucks are two piston vs. one piston in the 2L tdi. CP3 are all three piston.