Jeep introduces Cherokee Diesel

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
They have been making the Cherokee diesel since its rebirth for the 2014 model year. Before it was under Euro 5 diesel standards, now its under Euro 6 diesel standards... There's actually 5 different variants of diesel engines for the Cherokee depending on its destination market... I believe they do make a diesel manual Cherokee, except it's just not sold here in the US...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
They've been making Cherokee diesels since they've been making Cherokees. Or, at least, starting with the Renault Cherokee in '84.

We got a few of those early ones here, with the Renault 2.1L TD, which is really what the chassis was designed to accommodate anyways. The GM V6 was just cheap and available and would fit. The resurrected AMC I6 came later, and was shoehorned in there.

The new Cherokee is based on a modern FWD car platform, and since it is under Fiat, it would stand to reason that it too was designed for a diesel.

We'll likely never see one here.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
They've been making Cherokee diesels since they've been making Cherokees. Or, at least, starting with the Renault Cherokee in '84.

We got a few of those early ones here, with the Renault 2.1L TD, which is really what the chassis was designed to accommodate anyways. The GM V6 was just cheap and available and would fit. The resurrected AMC I6 came later, and was shoehorned in there.

The new Cherokee is based on a modern FWD car platform, and since it is under Fiat, it would stand to reason that it too was designed for a diesel.

We'll likely never see one here.
I see the new ones everyday...;)

jdoll

TDI
None yet
Not surprised the UK gets this makes perfect sense. I want to see more diesels state side though and t his would be a great one. Its mostly trucks and VWs with a few other high end german cars here and there