calling security experts...

TDI
'00 Golf
So I've had my 00 golf back on the road now for about two months. It seems like every two weeks I have to reset the alarm on it .I put new batteries in the remote but it still is lossing its memory. Any one know where I should start ?

TDI
'00 Golf
OK..let me clear up what's going on. My clicker / alarm works great for around two weeks at a time. Then out of the blue my clicker stops working and if I open the door with the key and start the car the alarm will go off. I know about unlocking the trunk but I forgot to tell my wife..that's why I spent last night unhooking the horn...anyone got any idea as what's causing this ?

Kelvin

TDI
Non
You must check the door lock sensor because most of the time when you have a problem with your sensor than the alarm system don't properly work.And it set off after you lock the door or flash light blinking continuously.
Rent-a-cop

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Common problem on the A4's with some miles on them. There are 2 micro switches in the drivers door latch mechanism that flake out over time causing central locking issues.

The fix is to replace the latch mechanism, or if you are mechanically inclined, change out the micro switches and/or re-solder the connections in the latch mechanism.

OH's idea is good because VCDS will tell you what Central Locking thinks is going on.

Last edited: