www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Passat TDI Picture Gallery

Passat TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Passat TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 14th, 2013, 23:32   #451
Digital Corpus
Veteran Member

Wbo2?
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:03   #452
JFettig

Wideband O2 sensor
JFettig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 21:02   #453
RDC98tdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best Tank: 49.5 MPG, Best 80mi trip: 59mpg

Beautiful car! I wish I knew 1/4 as much as you about these. Keep updating!
RDC98tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 16:06   #454
JFettig

Finally got a couple more rolls of friction tape from Home Depot. The tape they have(3m) seems quite a bit different than other 3m friction tape I've seen - more like the normal tape that is from the factory but not as strong as the other stuff I've seen.

Finished wrapping and installed the new relay plate. I used the stock MK4 109 relay and relay base, no sense in changing it up

ECU installed

Cover installed

That is the first time since I have owned the car I actually bolted the cover down! Next time I go in there is to remove the old boost gauge, wire up my lift pump properly(I have a wire in the harness) then tidy up the other boost gauge lines and install a cover that doesn't have a hole in it.
Old August 1st, 2013, 20:39   #455
JFettig

Old August 2nd, 2013, 23:02   #456
JFettig

Got the trans bolted to the engine and went to test to make sure everything releases properly and I found that I either have a blockage in the master cylinder line to the brake reservoir or I have a bad clutch master cylinder. It wouldn't extend, clutch pedal hit the floor with little pressure then it wouldn't bleed, even if I pulled vacuum on the pressure line while pumping. Fluid that did come out looked pretty dark. I'll investigate more in the morning.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:57   #457
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

vacuum won't help them bleed much.. you need about 10psi through the master cylinder reservoir (make sure the fluid is full).. I had a heck of a time with my brother's S4 (same basic setup). Did the hydraulic system work normally before?
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:53   #458
JFettig

Yeah everything worked before. My reservior broke last time I tried to pressure bleed, spit brake fluid all over my windshield.

I just got a oil can, I'm going to try and reverse bleed it.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 21:27   #459
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

the reservoir broke from too much pressure, or it was getting weak anyway haha... I've never had luck reverse bleeding anything. Maybe get the rear of the car level or slightly above the front..

If it worked fine before, your master cylinder is good..
Old August 3rd, 2013, 21:31   #460
JFettig

I spent way more time on this than I care to admit. Took the master cylinder out, it would not feed anything from the reservoir side into the master regardless the pressure. I proceeded to disassemble and found that it needed to open further to bleed... so for the sake of experimentation I modified it and got it all bled out. I'm picking up a new master cylinder to swap in because the pedal now has some dead space - I haven't buttoned it up yet so I don't even know if it will disengage.
Old August 4th, 2013, 08:17   #461
ELM
Veteran Member

I just did a auto to 5 speed swap in my 2002 Beetle and had a hard time bleeding the clutch. I started with my hand vacuum pump and pumped it down to -5 and cracked the bleeder on the clutch slave cylinder and got bubbles but no fluid. Ended up that I wasn't opening up the bleeder enough I had to open it up one full turn to bleed it and get air and fluid out of the system. I'm used to just having to crack open a bleeder screw to let air out. I learn something new every time I work on this VW.
ELM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 14:18   #462
JFettig

If this weekend couldn't get any better!

Sounded like a backfire.
Old August 4th, 2013, 14:33   #463
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

Bummer. Your injector lines are like the ahu's right?
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 15:14   #464
Digital Corpus
Veteran Member

Damn. Wow. Wish I had an extra set to send you.
Old August 4th, 2013, 16:09   #465
JFettig

MPLSTDI came to the rescue, picked me up(only a couple miles between him, I and the car), brought me to my house where I had a set of 3 good lines(one with a hole) and brought me back to the car and its good to go now.

I kinda want to get a couple more lines just to have on hand, its pretty bad luck to have one line develop a pinhole leak and another completely break off.