www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old June 14th, 2019, 15:24   #91
xerootg
Veteran Member

I left off with the transfer case clocked at the stock XJ position, BUT because the transmission adapter pushes the transfer case back so far the front driveshaft interferes with the crossmember. I decided to cut the transmission tunnel up to clock the transfer case up, and out of the way.

Hereís what I started with:

The first step was to cut a big enough hole that everything fits, and test fit with the seat frame.

Then I started filling the hole back in, one jigsaw puzzle piece at a time.

The bottom hump needed to be notched to fit the seat frame.

I ended up with this. I used seam sealer to smooth the edges underneath, along with por15 chassis coat and finally underbody rubberizing spray.

Everything fits like a glove!

Hereís my final clocking:

xerootg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 16:28   #92
xerootg
Veteran Member

Iíve been super busy on this Jeep! My list of things to do has got much shorter.

The air to water intercooler is pretty neat, as it really shortens the whole thing. I got a kit from frozen boost, with the bosch pump. The bosch pump fits nicely on the passenger side frame rail. I still need to wire it up, and Iím planning on the pump running in the RUN position.

I finished up the fuel delivery system. I settled on a Stanadyne FM100 with a hand primer. I added a 30psi gauge to the filter outlet. I also used 30R9 for the return and reused the supply side. The 30 gallon tank was plumbed so if the Cummins pump fails, the auxiliary straw from the fuel module can just plug and play without dropping the tank.

I plumbed up the power steering system, and added a cooler to the front. I used Russell Performance PowerFlex for the high pressure hose and ATF rated hose for the rest. I used a BMW reservoir and a hasty mount with a hose clamp above the pump. I am really liking the reusable threaded AN fittings you can buy these days.

I also got the Webasto mounted. Iím still waiting for some fittings for it for the fuel supplu, but its not moving.

I bolted a volvo cooling fan to a Jeep fan shroud for cooling. Should be overkill. Iím also using a temperature switch from a golf, threaded into the factory jeep sensor port. More to come on this when I finalize the wiring.

Old July 11th, 2019, 16:28   #93
xerootg
Veteran Member

I finished up the boost track. I used 2 inch aluminum tube and silicone joiners to plumb the whole thing. I also spent a lot of time getting the York sc609 bolted up. I’m looking forward to having this guy for belt driven air.

Next steps:
  • Vacuum lines, reservoir and N75 bracket
  • plumb heater, and build overflow bottle
  • Finish AC (replace condenser, evap, lines, heater core while I’m at it)
  • Finish wiring. Have a plan, just need to do it.
  • Make a non-prototype CAN-CCD gateway. This is sitting on my bench stress testing in breadboard form with actual code running the gauges!
  • Get drivelines built
  • Transmission tunnel cover
  • Transfer case linkage.

I’m pretty excited that the front might stay bolted on this time!

Old July 12th, 2019, 10:18   #94
Kriesel
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerootg View Post

Last edited by Kriesel; July 12th, 2019 at 13:32.
Kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote