2009 JSW Front body repair

patpollin

TDI
03 ALH sedan; 05 BEW wagon; 09 JSW
Hello all,

I just got my first newer TDI
2009 JSW with front end damage, salvaged by insurance.

Needs Front bumper, hood, fender, drivers door to look right again.

Drives amazing even with 2 broken springs. I ordered the lift spring kit from IDparts because we have a lot of dirt/broken roads and driveways where I live, RI.

I am looking for used parts and don't know what type of donor car I need to find. It is very hard to find parts from a wagen specifically so it would be much easier to grab a bumper off a parting-out sedan. What years of sedan parts are compatible with the JSW? The online parts catalogs are making it seem like I need a very specific "K" 8th digit part. I am going to have to bring the car to a certified RI salvage mechanic in order to get the title changed over so I want to bring it in with good parts and not waste his time and my money.

Pic upload shortly. Looks like every other jsw. Anyone with white body panels to spare?

Thank you

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
All the Sportwagons, 2009-2014, roll on the A5 platform, which dates back [sedan] for us to mid-2005. However, the wagons got a facelift in 2010, to look more like the A6 Golf. So your 2009's front end should look like the earlier cars, in which case any of the sedans back to mid-2005 should provide any necessary body pieces you may need.

patpollin

TDI
6 MT, 185,000 miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

oilhammer

TDI
Yep, that is pre-facelift. So all the sedans through 2010 will provide a source too. And just FYI, the A5's door skins come off easily, so you may find the door itself is OK, you just need to swap the skin.

patpollin

TDI
Never heard of a doorskin. The outer sheet metal is removable? Sounds a lot easier than a full door swap

oilhammer

TDI
Never heard of a doorskin. The outer sheet metal is removable? Sounds a lot easier than a full door swap

New to cars, eh? ;)

Yes, the outer door handle comes off, a Torx screw under that, then a bunch of Torx screws along the forward, rearward, and lower edges, and the skin comes right off. Easy peasy.