www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Passat TDI Picture Gallery

Passat TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Passat TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old December 5th, 2013, 20:25   #481
RDC98tdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Best Tank: 49.5 MPG, Best 80mi trip: 59mpg

Would love to see some pics or vids
RDC98tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 11:30   #482
JFettig

Quick update for those who aren't following my other threads http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=410054

JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 19:07   #483
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

That is a mighty slick installation. Now for some reading in your other thread ...
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:09   #484
VDub2625

TDI(s): none :(

hey, found your car through a friend, don't know if you are interested, but this is what ETKA pulls up... built Nov 29th, 1997 (it's almost time for a birthday party!), and engine code AHH. European engine, but only used for these rare B5 TDIs in the States. Same for the trans (DHL).

while I don't agree with such heavy modification of such a rare car, it is cool to see it alive and enjoed and driven
VDub2625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 05:04   #485
VDub2625

TDI(s): none :(

Figured that now I can work ELSA, here's some more info:

It had a tie rod service kit recall done in 2001 at 5201 miles (warranty/recall).
It had the rear right wheelhouse liner replaced in 2005 at 57,447 miles (warranty/recall WK12). This is a recall to protect the fuel tank from a rupturing tire. There was a second recall done (VM11) that I can't find information for.

It's birthdate was 11/29/97 as I mentioned, and the first sale date was 1/1/98, to "VWOA-DET.AUTO SHOW." and the address is their headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI. They're still listed as the current owner, I guess until you bring it in somewhere for a service!
VDub2625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2015, 13:05   #486
Col Sanders
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51 mpg last time I checked it. Audi no numbers yet.

Someone, Mods, whoever is in charge, do not let this thread get deleted ! Its great reference !
Col Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 15:09   #487
smelly621
Veteran Member

Hi there JFettig,

I wanted to necromance your thread and ask a quick question about your 2003 harness with 2001 ECU. It sounds like this was a success but it's not 100% clear.

Did you have success moving just one glow plug wire on the ECU connector? Did the 2003 GP relay then work with the 2001 ECU and software?

I have a 2003 harness all set up for a swap, but I'd prefer to use the software from a 2001 or older ECU so I don't have to deal with the misidentified maps for 2002 and 2003 ecus in VAGEDC Suite. I'd rather move a wire at the connector right now if it saves me from having to manually look up most maps every time I want to tweak the tune.

Thanks!
smelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 19:07   #488
JFettig

Its been a long time, its 1 or 2 wires moved over to run the old relay, you can't run the 2002-2003 relay on a 2000-2001 ECU.

The Passat is in my shop now, hopefully I'll get back to work on it - mice chewed up the wiring harness last winter so I left it in storage.
Old October 24th, 2016, 21:11   #489
smelly621
Veteran Member

Thanks for the confirmation! Will pick up an old style relay an mod the harness accordingly.

If my harness gets munched on I'm going to be bummed. Jimbote better not have been snacking on cheese while he worked on it.
smelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 06:40   #490
Col Sanders
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51 mpg last time I checked it. Audi no numbers yet.

Nice to see some action on your B5, JFettig. I had a few wires chewed up on my A4 that was fixed before my swap began. Wee beasties can get in the most odd places. Wonder what it taste like to them? Must be good, like a smorgasbord of things! I think the diesel wires would be better than the gas ones. Yum, yum.
Col Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 17:30   #491
JFettig

We turned two chapters in less than a week. A couple friends(Greengeeker and Leppy) came out for a "New Year's Eve party" and we're great help in fixing and putting the car back together. We got the Passat running that night. Took a couple days to get a new battery, replace the vacuum lines and get tuning fixed. A couple days of tuning as I found time, found a lot of new power and fixed some issues. Also found the limit of 5th gear tonight! I'll have to find an 01E to swap in. It was making about 50psi around 3000rpm when I hit redline with a great big crunch. Luckily I still had a very grindey 4th gear to make it off the freeway. Sounded a lot like my conical Burr coffee grinder for about half a mile.
Old January 8th, 2019, 09:37   #492
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFettig View Post
...Sounded a lot like my conical Burr coffee grinder for about half a mile.
Old January 8th, 2019, 12:35   #493
Kriesel
Veteran Member

Nice work!
Old May 23rd, 2019, 13:44   #494
TornadoRed
Veteran Member

bump
'03 Golf with 774k miles: Bosio DLC 764, GT1749VB, PP 2.5" downpipe, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Bilstein HDs, Recaros, Akebono pads/Brembo rotors, Cat fuel filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Pirelli Cinturatos, TDT or Delvac1
Become a TDI Club Contributor. http://forums.tdiclub.com/payments.php
TornadoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 08:18   #495
JFettig

Thanks Jerry

I have a little less than 2000 miles on the new 6spd transmission(w/ LSD) and new fibertuff disk from clutchmasters. It's running really good and really strong. Just got some new tires yesterday, firehawk indy 500, nice and sticky.