My car just went past 10000 miles

TechWorlds

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
My new 09 Jetta just went past 10000 miles. After reading the horror stories about dealers i decided to change the oil myself. I bought the proper oil and filter. I also got one of those extractors and that made it a snap.

So my oil is changed yet i now have the stupid dash reminder telling me to go service the car cause it is over 10000 miles. I changed the oil and filter at 9679 miles.

Am i correct to assume that it just wont go away? Am i going to have to go to the dealer and tell them i did the service myself and to please clear the message off my dash?

Am i also safe to assume that they will do this for free since i am under the "carefree maintenance program"?

Eitherway i was hoping to avoid going to them at all.

Edit: Sorry for posting this here. I thought i was in the TDI 101 forum. Egg is on my face.

Last edited:

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
Use the Vag-com locator link (sticky) in 101 to find someone with VCDS, or buy one for yourself. You will need one that can do +CAN.

The SRI reset application can reset, reconfigure, or disable the fixed service reminder.

Oops I just remembered you can reset it with some trip odometer magic:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4059208

Last edited:

TechWorlds

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Thanks to both of you for helping me. I am out at sea right now but when i get back to my car i will give your suggestions a try. Thanks. :)