need new brakes

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Personally, I'm really cautious of unknown brands and vendors on brake hardware. I've had a few sets of discs that were on the cheap end of the spectrum and turned out to be rapid warping junk.

I'm currently running Fremax discs and am happy with them so far, and you can get them from IDparts or Cascade German for not much more than the eBay vendor set of no-names.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
For one thing drilled and slotted rotors are just a gimmick to get your money.
Go to idparts or one to of the vendors from this site you'll spend about the same for good quality pads and rotors instead of cheap Chinese junk.

Unless you plan on running at a track

Last edited:

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
Also look at Rock Auto. They have some good parts at reasonable prices.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Coming up on time for new rotors. Normally Id just put the autozone specials on and roll. I know you get what you pay for, what would I be paying for with these?
I bought inexpensive rotors that were on a 50% off sale from a local parts store.
All 4 rotors delaminated in less then a year and I finally replaced all 4 with less then 40K miles. :mad:
Buy from one of the trusted vendors.
I have started getting my stuff from ID-Parts.

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
Use one of the site-sponsoring vendors mentioned. If the cheapo stuff was a good buy, they'd stock it which they don't. Ask what the vendors and their staff run on their own TDIs. There's a reason...