Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
New software / software updates always have bugs. Reason: beyond a certain point, it is cheaper to have the user do the debugging.
Absolutely. That concept has worked well for Apple and Microsoft.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Have they announced this site as being live for uploads? Working out the kinks, no complaints from me, uploaded success the other day and haven't felt the need to go back.

So to sum it all up, my complaints are as follows,

1. VW cheated and sold me a lie.
2. VW has not communicated any info on great deals to keep me.
3. Local dealers are incompetent at sales and or lying as dealers often do.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
<snip>

I think Ron Obvious reported these on News at 11 last night.....

ckbarcus

TDI
2000 golf,2011 jetta sports wg.
Tried to upload several times with only partial success. I gave up and elected to mail
my doc.. The web site gives an address with no ZIP code. What a mess

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Since I still have a loan and it's not thru VW credit, they need consent to contact my lender. It looks like I'm supposed to download a consent form, but when I click "download" it says file not found. Anyone else in this situation?
I can download consent form but on my chromebook when you hit print it only give the option to save. If you safe it then try to print it still comes up with save option only????

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I can download consent form but on my chromebook when you hit print it only give the option to save. If you safe it then try to print it still comes up with save option only????
I saved it and then opened it and printed it. Try attaching it to an e-mail and mailing it to yourself. Open it on another computer and print it from there.

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
My Windows PC printed it just fine. :)

jimi179

TDI
1978 rabbit diesel, 2012 tdi golf buyback 12/29 done
fax them with ref# to 248-754-6602...sent them this morning,got an e-mail,they are being reviewed the many dealers i have visited treat me like i have the plague.. wont talk about ordering me one so when i get my check....prices for a loyal customer..no new 2017 models, no 2 door stick gti's ....I hate my dsg...moving on vw support 844-98-claim

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
- answered a few questions, uploaded registration and IDs... no 'consent' form needed...

(i also changed the desired location of the reflash to a dealer closer to home)

willie
on the 'ka-ching! it's raining VW money!' Gulf of Mexico

Last edited:

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Just did mine using Windows 10. Chrome didn't work ( had issues downloading the PDF consent form)...had to use Edge.

If it messes up..press F5.

FYI the consent form is if you have a loan...especially if not via VW.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Btw... isn't it still a bit early for them to be so confident? I mean the settlement isn't finalized until late October. That's over a month away.

GyroRon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Successfully uploaded registration, id, and consent form.
what is a consent form? I didn't see that when I just did mine

EDIT.... Never mind, I see this was explained now that I read the posts below the one I quoted. I own both of my cars free and clear so I had title in hand. The website asked me a few questions, such as am I in the military, etc... then I had to go take pictures of my registration cards, my Drivers license and the front and back of both titles and upload them.

Looks like they got all of my stuff, says they received it and it is under review....

Whats next? I want these cars GONE!

Last edited:

Basenji

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Audi A3 TDI
I missed this thread, but luckily I went to the VW site to see what was up. I got the 404 error. In Safari I just had to refresh and it went away. Completed the upload. It asked for both sides of the title, not the license.

rac

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Messed up doc upload - doesn't matter

So I answered "No" to the question about more than one person being listed on the title, and then I uploaded pics of the title and registration showing both me and my wife's name, along with my license only.

Called the support line to see if I had to re-submit. The rep said it was fine as is, so maybe it doesn't matter for private party ownership. Or, the rep was wrong and I'll have an extra step to complete along the way.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
So I answered "No" to the question about more than one person being listed on the title, and then I uploaded pics of the title and registration showing both me and my wife's name, along with my license only.
Called the support line to see if I had to re-submit. The rep said it was fine as is, so maybe it doesn't matter for private party ownership. Or, the rep was wrong and I'll have an extra step to complete along the way.
I would call again and ask someone else. Two names usually means two signatures at sale time. Rep took the easy way out because they probably had no clue or desire to do any work.

wurzigdrei

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Have they announced this site as being live for uploads? Working out the kinks, no complaints from me, uploaded success the other day and haven't felt the need to go back.

Have you looked into joining the settlement being led by dillon/edwards investments? Sounds perfect for what you had to go through.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I would call again and ask someone else. Two names usually means two signatures at sale time. Rep took the easy way out because they probably had no clue or desire to do any work.
It will definitely require two signatures at sale time. What the representative was getting at (I would imagine)...is that it doesn't matter at this point. You're simply turning in preliminary documents to establish that your household has a claim to one of the vehicles at the moment.

I would expect that he will be told that both of them need to sign when one or both of them come in for the buyback (ex. Both come or one brings a POA to sign for the other, as well.).

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
10 days till approval of doc's

So VW Customer Care on the claims portal shared that within 10 days of submission of documents we will get an approval or rejection of documents submitted. You will have to log back in to check status. From there it is wait for the final approval.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
It will definitely require two signatures at sale time. What the representative was getting at (I would imagine)...is that it doesn't matter at this point. You're simply turning in preliminary documents to establish that your household has a claim to one of the vehicles at the moment.

I would expect that he will be told that both of them need to sign when one or both of them come in for the buyback (ex. Both come or one brings a POA to sign for the other, as well.).
The problem I see is that they'll likely require additional documentation which slows the return process down since it's on a first-come, first-serve basis. I assume if you're required to submit documentation again, your spot gets bumped down the line.

So VW Customer Care on the claims portal shared that within 10 days of submission of documents we will get an approval or rejection of documents submitted. You will have to log back in to check status. From there it is wait for the final approval.
That matches what the FTC order requires, so that's a start!

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
The problem I see is that they'll likely require additional documentation which slows the return process down since it's on a first-come, first-serve basis. I assume if you're required to submit documentation again, your spot gets bumped down the line.
Who knows ...you may be right and they could come back and ask people to submit additional documentation. I wouldn't think that you would lose your place in line though. They'd be amending your existing claim...not filing a new one.

Edit: The problem that I can see with my idea is that if they don't get all documentation ahead of time...they run the risk of someone showing up and not having what they need to complete the transaction (waste the slot that someone else could have use). So yeah...I definitely see where they could come back and request additional documentation be uploaded.

Last edited:

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
But because I picked it, they're going to give me first available, and there's nothing I can do now that I've selected it, right?

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
But because I picked it, they're going to give me first available, and there's nothing I can do now that I've selected it, right?
11/1 was a system generated generic date/placeholder that everyone was given (unless you picked a later date).

You didn't "select" anything. They simply put in a default date so that they could load you into the system.

To put it another way...200,000+ people are not going to be getting rid of their vehicles on 11/1 because they created their claim account by selecting the default date.

Edit: They're going to contact you at a later date (most likely after 10/18) to setup an actual buyback appointment/date. Feel free to call them, but I wouldn't tweak out worrying about a non-existent buyback appointment on 11/1.

My $.02...I'll call them the moment the judge signs off on it, but I wouldn't waste much time on this before 10/18.

Last edited: