be sure to use synthetic blinker fluid

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
you can seriously save a few bucks by using eye drops instead of that overpriced blinker fluid for your car. its the same stuff, both are what we call blinker fluid and honestly the stuff at CVS works SO MUCH BETTER. not only can i see the blinker better but it blinks faster when applied!

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Many people don't realize that the much touted synthetic blinker fluid is actually a blend , because a full synthetic will cause the standard silicone based gaskets to leak. If you feel that you must use the "high performance" full synthetic blinker fluid you must change to the proper Viton/Teflon seals with the titanium backer inserts.
The extra expense can be justified by the unlimited mileage and time limits.

Ed27

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 4dr, 2000 2dr Golfs both 5 speed stick
Should I change my blinker fluid before I start towing? What viscosity? Besides what mileage and what states require it to be changed?

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Should I change my blinker fluid before I start towing? What viscosity? Besides what mileage and what states require it to be changed?
If you're going to be towing, don't forget to change to summer air, in your tires, if you haven't already done so.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
If your towing, it's really good practice to top off the trailer lights with blinker fluid but make sure ots not synthetic otherwise it will leak unless you use the trailer every day.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Don’t confuse with wanker fluid

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Isn't that what they use in the UK?
Nope, only used with Rx7's and other rotary cars, actually any car with flip up headlights! Works kinda like the inner ear and the moving fluid, using wanker fluid (wanker from the term for the wankle engine (rotary engine)) keeps the head light from casting light with the beam scattered due to the spinning of the fluid internally...........

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
You have to use the special "left-handed" blinker fluid in right-hand drive countries, and there's a similarly left-handed funnel for filling...