2006 Golf GLS - CT

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
SOLD !!!!! 2006 Golf GLS - CT

2006 VW Golf GLS TDI with Automatic (5sp Triptronic)
Approximately 210,000 well maintained mostly highway miles.
-Leather sport seats, with heat (the heat works) from a 20th GTI. Has tilt forward feature.
-AC works and blows cold
-Three Spoke GTI leather steering wheel
-Maryland legal window tint
-DLR Delete
-DOG Collar mod
-Heated aspherical mirrors with anti glare coating
-Dark tinted HELLA Tail lights
-Rocket Chip tune
-Car has an iPhone connector hooked up
-Car comes with an older, but still very functional GPS unit
She sits on Continental Pure Contact Touring on 16” BBS RXII’s. They centers were removed, cleaned and he rims polished 2 years ago. Wheels are in very good shape and have zero clear coat issues.
Recent work (receipts to prove) include:
Recent Alignement @ 203,164
Did Diesel Purge along with Fuel Filter change - Feb 2017 (around 203,000)
New Control arms, with bushings and ball joints - Feb 2017
All new motor mounts - Feb 2017
Both Axles - Feb 2017
New Battery (OEM Bosch) Sept 2016
New Hatch Struts Dec 2016
Alternator pulley @189,410
Ribbed accessory drive belt and tensioner pulley @ 176,364
Transmission oil was changed 25,000 miles ago, third change.
Transmission has had all 9 solenoids replaced in 2014
New windshield in February 2016
Complete Timing Belt job, bump stops, struts, mounts, shocks, springs (all suspension GLI spec) and all brakes and pads in Feb 2016 @ 184,894 - TDI Racing in Baltimore did the work.
At 102,174 the water pump pulley walked off the shaft and the timing belt dropped. Head was removed and completely machined and rebuilt and included a total valvetrain replacement. At the time, the in-tank lift pump was replaced as well as a complete timing belt job. Oliver at TDI Racing did the work.
Oil (proper 505.01 spec) and filter always changed out every 10,000 miles. Next oil change due at 213,800.
New air and cabin filters 8,000 miles ago.
Current known Issues:
1. Air bag light is on. VAGCOM says it is N95, which is the drivers seat. The light came on BEFORE I swapped on the leather seats, so we think it is the harness that connects up the seat.
2. Front brakes are a bit warped and if I were keeping the car, I would replace them.
Comes with a box of small extras. Car runs very well and I don’t have any issues with transmission. Would not hesitate to drive across country and I have made several recent trips up and down the northern East coast. Car is currently located in North Hampton NH, but I will be going to get it (couldn't drive two cars back after I bought my new 2015) on the 8th of Oct and then she will be in the Groton CT area.
Car has zero rust. Asking $4200 OBO.
Thanks.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Ritsco:

Any clear coat peeling? Does it have a skid plate? What camshaft was installed when the head work was done? Clear title (not rebuilt, etc?)?

I may have an interest and may be in CT visiting family around the 8th onward.

Tony

Last edited:

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
Zero clear coat issues and no rust either. And yes, it has a Panzer Plate (great investment). I don't recall what camshaft was used, but TDI Racing did the work and Oliver doesn't use junk. Title is clear and is in hand.