Euro Hitch

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
Does anyone know off hand if the made on this side MK7 GSW will have the bolt holes for the factory hitche similar to those made on the other side of the pond? Going to need to get a hitch for my GSW, and thinking up options, I really like my Westfaila on the A3

Thanks

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I just bought a Westfalia hitch with the electrical kit from Transportsysteme24 in Germany.
I found them on eBay.de and they responded to my queries (in English).
I had to go their site and order off eBay (since the ebay site would not allow shipping to the US.
However their website did, but our credit cards won't do. Sooooo after much correspondence I found that I could get the order placed to be invoiced and then pay vis PayPal.
They have the hitc for the 2015 listed here:

http://www.transportsysteme24.de/index.php?cl=alist&cnid=1&cat=suche_nach_fahrzeugtyp

The prices are in Euros and this is the best exchange rate for a long time.
The complete price for my setup including shipping was E 391.30 which came out to $433.56. This was for the hitch, electrical 13 pin VW wiring kit and freight.
So far they have been a nice company to deal with. Of course I have not yet received the equipment since the sale was completed this morning.
This got the Westfalia hitch for a 2013 JSW and the VW kit for wiring which ties the system into the trailer for T-ESP and light out detection.
If you use Chrome you can right click and translate the page (more or less). You have to go back to the German to click on a link and have it work though.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
You can follow through on the site if you click "translate to English" on the Chrome right click.
I have started a thread on the Improvements not engine related in the first section.
If you go through and select the car you want the hitch for translate to English and after reading switch back to German and the click the link you need.
I believe this is the link to the right hitch for you, but there are no guarantees:

http://www.transportsysteme24.de/index.php?cl=alist&cnid=1&cat=suche_nach_fahrzeugtyp

This is for the Golf 2014 to present (2014 started the MK VII in the rest of the world I think.)

Note to the Webmaster: maybe a sticky on the other post for everybody looking at hitch questions?

Last edited:

Groundhog

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
redbarron- I'm planning on getting either the factory or Westfalia hitch while visiting family in Germany (unless it turns out shipping direct is cheaper). It is probably too early to tell but do you have a guess which has better rust protection? Both the drawtite and hidden hitch I had on previous cars (bugs) have turned into something that looks like it was retrieved from the deck of the Titanic. I tried Por-15'ing the drawtite but rust came back because I would have had to remove it and paint all surfaces.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
I have never had a rust problem with a Westfalia hitch. Mine on the 2009 still looks like new. A 1st class piece.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
Class 1? I haven't used one of these since I have always used the Westfalia, but I doubt the thing will not drag going up a driveway.
I liked the looks of the Bosal, but this time I did not go with it since I already have the Westfalia on my 2009 and perhaps it would be handy having interchangeable plug-ins.
I don't exactly know why I think that, but that was my reasoning at the time. Perhaps the fact that the Westfalia is the O.E.M setup for the hitch and electrical too.

Early8Q

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI 3 pedal
Go towbar! I put a Bosal on my '09 JSW and moved it to my '12 JSW. I would rather not install a receiver hitch again. The towbars have so much going for them IMHO. They offer more ground clearance, they are discreet, they are a lot quieter while towing, and frankly they are a lot more substantial being bolted to factory locations on the frame. Add on receiver hitches just don't come close to the Westfalias and Bosal towbars IMHO.