Las Vegas A/C RCV replacement

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Finally found someone to do the RCV replacement on my A/C compressor. Friend of a friend has a shop in Pahrump. A friend I work with brings all his own cars to him.

he gave me before and after psi numbers but the end result was on a 70F day it was blowing 50 deg. after valve replacement 35 deg air from vents. He had never done one but did some research while the RCV was on order and when I brought the car in discussed it with me like he had done a hundred of them. he had me order the valve myself and I felt good about the $150 he charged me for the R&R, A/C reservice. I did remove my 2 Micron filter kit before I brought it to him since the filter blocks the one A/C connection point. My wife would have killed me if we went thru another summer with the so-so A/C in the car.

If anyone needs this job done I'll fwd his contact info to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Finally found someone to do the RCV replacement on my A/C compressor. Friend of a friend has a shop in Pahrump. A friend I work with brings all his own cars to him.

he gave me before and after psi numbers but the end result was on a 70F day it was blowing 50 deg. after valve replacement 35 deg air from vents. He had never done one but did some research while the RCV was on order and when I brought the car in discussed it with me like he had done a hundred of them. he had me order the valve myself and I felt good about the $150 he charged me for the R&R, A/C reservice. I did remove my 2 Micron filter kit before I brought it to him since the filter blocks the one A/C connection point. My wife would have killed me if we went thru another summer with the so-so A/C in the car.

If anyone needs this job done I'll fwd his contact info to you.
Yes please! My A/C has been a disappointment since day 1.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. things got crazy at work and have not been online. I usually am online during downtimes at work. I will PM you name and phone #

CaffeineMan

TDI
2013 Jetta
Zombie re-animator thread...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm new to the forum and live in Pahrump. Wouldn't mind knowing the location of anyone good with anything TDI/VW related in Pahrump, if they are still in town...