2010 VW Jetta TDI Stumbles in3rd Gear

beerhrr

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI
My 2010 Jetta TDI has a "stumble" that lasts .5 seconds while upshifting in 3rd gear after sitting in the sun all day. This does not occur when sitting all night in the garage which is cool. The dealer is unable to replicate so I am getting pretty frustrated as this happens to me each day. Any suggestions?

MPBsr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI....Traded in
My 2010 Jetta TDI has a "stumble" that lasts .5 seconds while upshifting in 3rd gear after sitting in the sun all day. This does not occur when sitting all night in the garage which is cool. The dealer is unable to replicate so I am getting pretty frustrated as this happens to me each day. Any suggestions?
Does this happen at about 40mph and you're not on flat land?

adrianrbell

TDI
2010 JSW
@beehrr... i, too, have a 2010 JSW 6 speed and have been dealing with the stumble/hesitation issue since the day i got the car. see this thread for a rundown of how the issue manifests itself, and what the dealer's attempting to do to address it. it doesn't appear that VWofA has a clue how to fix it. While the stumble was annoying, it ended up generating a dangerous stall with my vehicle (also described in the attached thread); that's when I really started putting pressure on VoA -- filed NHTSA complaint for the stall and have been in almost daily contact with VW customer care; since the problem persists even after a software update to address the EGR valve issue, i'm taking the vehicle back on Monday... I'm considering a Lemon Law claim to get the car purchased back. the worst part is i LOVE the car and am a huge believer in diesel technology, but I can't drive a car with an annoying problem that now appears to be dangerous..the stalling is just not OK http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f7/2010-jetta-tdi-hiccup-3488/

i would encourage you to also call VW Customer care and file a formal complaint with them