i feel like i lost a friend........

big daddy

this past thursday marked the end of a 16 month friendship with my red golf gl. while on the morning interstate commute i was cut off by another driver. i was forced into the center median and upon trying to bring it under control the car shot across 2 lanes and into a high dirt embankment. the last thing i recall was seeing the airbags as i was doing what felt like cartwheels. i'm not sure just how many rolls the car did. it came to rest on its' wheels and as i sat stunned i determined that all my parts were still where mother nature had originally placed them. i was able to get out of the vehicle under my own steam but was really upset when i looked at the car. the car was loaded onto a flatbed and taken to the local dealer. his comment was that "you didn't miss damaging a single panel" on the car. the insurance adjuster confirmed this the next day when he said it was a total loss. considering the magnitutde of the wreck, it is a real testimonial to the safety that vw has engineered into this little package. the search for another has begun. it's got to be a golf and it's got to be a tdi.

ps the guy that cut me off never stopped.

pss any thoughts on purchasing the vehicle back from the insurance co. for parts? car had 46k of well- maintained use(just replaced the timing belt 3 weeks ago).

Heinz57

Veteran Member
That is a tough way to collect - sorry to hear about you loss but at least you survived it well - testimony to the integrity of the car. In regards to repurchasing the car it depends on what your long term plans are but not to many people are looking for second hand engines yet and parting out the car is a long and nasty business- if you get the car for $1000 it might be worth it in the long run if you have a place to store it.
Good luck on finding your next ride....

------------------
2K Golf GL TDI
White/BLack
UPsolute Chip &Tuning box Epsolonian Descreened, K&N, Mufflersectomy,Oilguard and rear fogs/euroswitch
Super blinker fluid and high performance muffler bearing und dann bin ich sehr schnell...

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
Big Daddy.....how are you feeling? Glad the car protected you as well as it did. Any thoughts of buying another TDI...or is it too early too think of such things?

Mthiker

Veteran Member
I'm happy to hear your alive and walking. The car is replaceable, we must all remember this when we use our seat belts. Save yourself first then the car (then the wife
).

jeffo007

I'm so sorry bro., I wish I could help you, but on behalf of all of us fellas, I was wondering if it is possible to get any pics of the car? Hey we drive or like me are in the process of getting a golf, and we want to know what it looks like, and we are all glad to see that you are ok!! Later dude!