WTB: 99.5 to 03 Jetta, non-running engine

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
As the title says, looking for a non-running 99.5 to 03 Jetta, preferably with 5-speed. Engine, transmission, and clutch can be junk as well as axles. Mileage doesn't matter either....

Prefer no-hole in roof model.

A friend of mine left his low mileage 99 NB idling in his drive-way and it rolled down a long hill doing major body damage .....:eek:

As stated, 5-speed is preferred as I'd rather not have to go thru the process of converting all the necessary items to make it function properly.

Tell me what you have .......... details please! And, tell me where!... and a price!

Obviously, looking for something cheap as the description illustrates..

FSBruce

TDI
2003 GLS Jetta Sedan 5M
My engine blew in my 2003 Jetta the other night. It's sitting at the shop non-running, they said the tensioner locked up/broke and jumped timing so the motor is destroyed. I'm in maine but its yours if you want it. There are 2 season old winter tires on 15" alloys on it right now and I have another set of 17" monte carlos with 225/45/17 coopers that I bought this summer. Its a 5sp, reflex silver with the monsoon audio. Interior is good, the passenger heated seat doesn't work, driver side does, and the middle console cover is broken. I was about to call a flat bed to haul it away but I'd rather give it to a fellow TDI'er.
Not sure what that's really worth, but the 2 sets of tires/wheels must be at least worth $1k, so $2k? I also have a extra set of front brake rotors I'd give you. Just gotta do it kinda quick since now I need a new ride.
I'm definitely not stuck on the price, its just a number.

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I just got off the phone with the guy in need. He says Maine is too far to travel, especially considering the winter conditions presently going on in your neck of the woods.

(Dang, I was hoping for a good road trip!):D

The offer is definitely appreciated...

Bump back to the top ........... still looking!

zebrabeefj40

TDI
01 Golf TDI/5sp; 5.9 Cummins and 3-53 Detriot
FSBruce, if you are looking to get rid of the car I am interested. I have a crashed TDI Golf and need a new shell to swap the motor into. PM me here or email me at <--(my username)@hotmail.com.

Nick

Last edited:

FSBruce

TDI
2003 GLS Jetta Sedan 5M
Shoot sorry, it's gone. I don't have room in my garage/driveway and needed it gone so I called the scrap guy on Friday night.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Shoot sorry, it's gone. I don't have room in my garage/driveway and needed it gone so I called the scrap guy on Friday night.
What??? You scrapped out a 5 speed conversion parts set? That alone was worth a ton.

Andy Bee's, I have a couple nice shells here. Worth a trip to KC or maybe I could meet you in St Louis with the car or something.

FSBruce

TDI
2003 GLS Jetta Sedan 5M
What??? You scrapped out a 5 speed conversion parts set? That alone was worth a ton.

Andy Bee's, I have a couple nice shells here. Worth a trip to KC or maybe I could meet you in St Louis with the car or something.
If I had the space, I would have, but I didn't want a junkyard in my driveway. I know I got boned but I didn't have anywhere to put the car

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
I just cried a little.