Momma's New Ride

Bulldogger

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf killed by the dealer. 2014 Beetle given as replacement
Ended up with a Brand New 2104 TDI Beetle, wasn't expecting it but after a Dealership mishap they stepped up to the plate and replaced our 2012 golf with this. My wife is in love with it, so all is GOOD. I put in factory fogs added mud flaps and an aftermarket tail, plus tinted the windows. The car gets a lot of looks.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Nice! Care to elaborate on the "dealership mishap" with the Golf?

Bulldogger

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice! Care to elaborate on the "dealership mishap" with the Golf?
Golf went in for the free service and they forgot to put oil back in. The rest was history

Bulldogger

Veteran Member
TDI
Truly priceless!
it was a shame that it happened, but the dealership didn't try to screw around at all. They told my wife they were sorry, and said "tell us what you want and we find it at no charge to you." They could have put a motor in the car and warrantied it but they asked her what she wanted to do. They were really great about everything, gave her a loaner while they located the new car and called to make sure everything was okay. I will definitely buy my next new car from them, probably wont let them service it:cool: but they did earn 5 stars in my book :D

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Did you miss the part about them running his car without oil? I wouldn't call that good. Maybe good at service recovery, but otherwise...:rolleyes:
I didn't say that the service department was good, but the dealership did the right thing… without a lawsuit, and that is good.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Then you wonder why I change my oil myself and if my indy does it, I am permitted to watch as the tech does it. I bribe them with doughnuts... ;)

Bulldogger

Veteran Member
TDI
Then you wonder why I change my oil myself and if my indy does it, I am permitted to watch as the tech does it. I bribe them with doughnuts... ;)
I normally never let anyone service the vehicles, do it all at home, but the original new car came with the free maintenance, so I figured let them do it. Lets be honest it is not a very difficult task....... Well like the saying goes "live and learn" Needless to say I will be servicing this one at home.:D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Bring the dealer your VIN at service time and ask them for the supplies, then do it yourself. That's what I've done with mine.

William B. Kayen

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI convertible
Had fogs installed on my 2013 Beetle TDI convertible and it made the car. Dealer did it for $600 at time of purchase and love the finished look. The car is amazing in white with a black top. Love the Fender system. Wish it had a rear backup camera. I think that is available on the 2015. If only it could be retrofit. That would be perfection.

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta, Totalled late 11. 2012 Passat TDI w/DSG and a 2012 Golf TDI. Golf traded for a 2013 beetle
Rvc

Wish it had a rear backup camera. I think that is available on the 2015. If only it could be retrofit. That would be perfection.
Why can this not be done? I put a backup cam in my 13 beetle. There is a thread in the beetle section on someone else doing it as well.

excellent looking car by the way.

Ron