New Golf has 2000 miles, upsoluted today!

Lothar

Got my silver/grey golf upsoluted today..WOW
Thats all there is to say about that. I love this car. Got the in dash CD player and now i'm waiting on the rims, the Montreal rims i ordered are on back order. Oh well..at least i got the car.

kenTDI

Veteran Member
Well, don't leave us in suspense! How has the performance been since the chip? Like George Castanza told Jerry after he found out that Jerry slept with Elaine, "I want details, and I want them right now".

Lothar

Well, first off..1st and 2nd gear will leave you light headed. On the ride home a mustang and a GTI VR6 passed me and we all ran 100-120 and neither of them could leave me. The 5th gear power is unreal. 100 mph and there is still enough power to push you back in the seat and make the car pitch up. I've never driven a car that has so much high speed torque. I got it to 120 and the car was still pulling hard when i ran out of road. I think it could go to 130, at least 125. Before i could barely break 110. I just love being able to accelerate from 60 to 80+ in a heartbeat and not have to shift. No clutch slippage with the upsolute and PiperX cone. I'll add a tuning box when i do the clutch upgrade. I'm going to race my friend with his BMW 330I convertable. I'll post the results. To be honest, the power gain was much more than i expected. Another satisfied Upsolute customer
if you have any doubts..come drive my car.

Lothar

Should mention this too. With the upsolute, the motor is noticably louder. With the timing advanced it really sounds like a diesel now. That doesn't bother me though. Makes me feel better
With the PiperX cone, when the turbo spools up i can hear the air getting sucked through the filter, (only with the radio off) its kind of cool, 5th gear 50 MPH punch the go pedal and after a second of turbo lag you hear the air flowing and VOOMM!!