Sunroof Leak

ricks

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen
It's actually the connection between the pan to the tubing. If you use search, there are a couple of threads on the repair, unless your pan is cracked, which is unlikely. There are also videos on YouTube on the front and rear repair, which will cost you a small tube of silicone.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
thanks, Rick, I looked at the connection to the tubing, which was repaired previously and it is definitely coming from before the tubing. it's wet and the drips are on the pan itself.

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen ~118K
This is a common issue eh? I had better check er out on my JSW!

TDIFred, did you get er fixed?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
The problem is that it is a "Pano" sunroof which from an engineering stand point is a dismal failure. Having a window in the roof of a car that when it fails out of warranty can cost thousands to fix does not sound like an option that is worth having.

A guy posted a while back that he hoped against all odds that the dealer could just get his malfunctioning Pano to close properly so he could take out the fuse and never open it again.

andykurz

TDI
shopping
They are poorly designed but most of the common fixes can be done easily by yourself. If you take it to a dealer, they won't fix a small crack with silicone, they'll throw a whole bunch of parts at it since either you or VW is paying for it. These sunroofs are really a bummer but don't be scared to go fix it yourself, it's not that bad.