2006 Jetta TDI DSG - Upstate, SC

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
Realized I wasn't able to edit the price in the title of my other ad...

$4700 obo! Come get it!

2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Turbo Diesel. BRM engine code. Platinum Grey. Package 2 car with heated, power seats, premium stereo, steering wheel controls, Climatronic, etc. Service records going back to 2008. Was purchased CPO in 2008 by the PO. I bought it with a bad camshaft. Repaired with parts from IDParts.com. Been daily driving since fixing it, getting 40 mpg around town.

Pros:
Detailed Service History
DSG transmission has been regularly serviced and has had flywheel replaced
Great Interior
Everything Works
Cold A/C
Hot Heat
Tires have still have good tread

Cons:
The car does have some minor hail damage.
Paint on front bumper is rough.
Some minor clear coat peeling on hood.
Crack in front bumper has been stitched with zip ties to keep it from getting worse.
Passenger side taillight has a crack

Some Service Highlights:
2017:
Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Thermostat housing (220k)
Oil Cooler and seals (220k)
Camshaft & Lifters (220k)
Headliner Recovered

2016:
Ignition Lock Cylinder and column lock
Passenger Rear Door Latch
Fuel Cooler (201k)
DSG Service (201k)

2015:
Tires (Uniroyal TigerPaw) (196k)

2014:
DSG Flywheel (165k)
Rear Main Seal (165k)
DSG Service (165k)
Crank Position Sensor (165k)
Rear Coolant Flange (165k)

2013:
Glow Plugs (157k)
Glow Plug Harness (157k)
EGR Cooler (157k)

2012:
New Monster mats

2011:
DSG Service (103k)
Timing Belt (102k)

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6067849193.html

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Stromaluski:

Form the Con list, it looks like it may need significant body work. Can you give more details about the hail damage and what panels it affects?

Crack in front bumper has been stitched with zip ties to keep it from getting worse.

Also, does the climatic control work without making a lot of "clicking" noises? (common problem)

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
Stromaluski:

Form the Con list, it looks like it may need significant body work. Can you give more details about the hail damage and what panels it affects?

Also, does the climatic control work without making a lot of "clicking" noises? (common problem)
The hail damage is isolated to the hood and roof, along with 2 little dings in the top of the passenger fender. Hail damage is hard to photograph, but I gave it a shot. Unfortunately, I'll have to post them later as Photobucket is currently down. I tried to wipe the pollen off before taking the pictures, but here we just end up wiping pollen with more pollen. Any good PDR guy should be able to take care of it pretty easily. We had a huge hail storm in this area a few weeks ago (luckily, not around my house, though; hail damage was already present when I bought the car), so everybody here has a few month backlog. I wasn't interested in waiting those few months.

The paint damage on the hood isn't so much clear coat peeling as it is just rock chips from the car having 220k miles on it.

Climatronic does "click" from time to time, but I don't really notice it. It seems to work fine, so I never looked into it.