2004.5 vw passat 2.0 tdi-ohio

89vr6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 base
everything's here for the car, the torque converter is bad I started pulling it apart to get ready to swap the engine into my 86 golf but I just don't have time right now with starting a new business as well. Everything's included. Also I have the balance shaft delete kit from Kerma TDI that goes with it, and a new center Cartridge for the turbo to rebuild it as well since it was getting a little blow by.

Asking $3000obo with all parts included located in Geneva, OH 44041 I'm also willing to transport the car depending on the location it goes to.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Looks like a decent car, why not just replace the converter and keep motoring on? Not that big of a deal really. I do them all the time.

Does the car run and drive?

89vr6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 base
Car goes into gear shifts into all gears perfect then you let your foot off of the brake give it gas and it just dies out won't move. Trans was rebuilt and they should have just replaced the tc then

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Oh so it needs a transmission and not just a converter. Well I have one of those too, but the car isn't worth $3k to me. Hopefully someone will snatch it up though. Good luck with your sale, hate to see these not put back into service, they are not making any more of them, and you can no longer even buy something similar new.

89vr6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 base
Supposedly this trans was rebuilt already, I have got it in drive and was able to move it but only 10 feet before it dies I don't believe it's the trans