2015 tdi clearance

Tom Snyder

Just bought a 2015 vw passat tdi sel premium for $6000 under MRSP with no money down and 72 month zero pct loan. Will now sell my 2012 passat tdi back to vw for 23K and so for 7K have a new TDI. Best deal ever and rush for this as it is not advertised and will not last.

Sti581

TDI
2016 A6 TDI Prestige S-line
Just bought a 2015 vw passat tdi sel premium for $6000 under MRSP with no money down and 72 month zero pct loan. Will now sell my 2012 passat tdi back to vw for 23K and so for 7K have a new TDI. Best deal ever and rush for this as it is not advertised and will not last.

Which dealer did you go to? What was there lease offering? I am impressed to see $6K....

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
Which dealer did you go to? What was there lease offering? I am impressed to see $6K....
Not trying to step on your toes.......generally leases are for people that don't drive much. Tdis are generally vehicles that pay off if you drive a ton. Why do people want to lease a Tdi?

Donald

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
If people are going to snap these 2015s up at only 20% off sticker, there went any idea I had of getting one. I suppose if we really drove a lot, and were going to keep it forever, it might make sense. Then there's buying gap insurance for several years......

Romagno

TDI
2011 JSW
Not trying to step on your toes.......generally leases are for people that don't drive much. Tdis are generally vehicles that pay off if you drive a ton. Why do people want to lease a Tdi?

Donald
I am doing a similar deal for a 2015 MT GSW SE TDI: after the 2 year lease, I buy the car for $13,500. With the money I get for my 2011 JSW TDI, I can buy back the 2015 GSW and my total outlay is about $4000 above the buyback price.

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
The lease deal is much better than 20% off, and as long as you buy it out mileage really doesn't matter. i got a car that stickers at 27550 for about 19k plus taxes. Closer to ⅓ off.

trekkar

Veteran Member
TDI
05 bug,02 golf
The lease deal is much better than 20% off, and as long as you buy it out mileage really doesn't matter. i got a car that stickers at 27550 for about 19k plus taxes. Closer to ⅓ off.

I've never leased and never thought of doing so because of the mileage restrictions.

So MSRP 27550 - 5k buy for 22550.

Lease 19k= whats the payments for how many months and then what is the buyout price at the end? And cash down?
Any funny wording in the docs that will not allow you to purchase at the end? In case they can't fix it?

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
I've never leased either - so it's new to me. I paid nothing up front - dealer really worked with me there. Total lease payments 7371, which includes leasing fees and taxes. Buyout is 12673 plus taxes on the residual. Finance fees on top of that if financing the residual, but for that amount fairly minimal. There are fees (350 x 2 I think) if I decide NOT to buy the car, but I don't see any wording about not being able to buy it. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seemed like the way to go and I'm happy with it.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
:DDang, Tom. All you do is talk about the cars you just bought. Your last post was talking about the new 2001 TDI you bought 15 years ago.:eek:

kcny

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Man.
IMO 6k off MSRP is not a great deal at all. First of all tdi passat were going for 4-5k off MSRP prior to diesel gate. Also the car is two model year old.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
IMO 6k off MSRP is not a great deal at all. First of all tdi passat were going for 4-5k off MSRP prior to diesel gate. Also the car is two model year old.
There was for real a $6,000 manufacturer rebate valentine's day 2015; that's when we bought out Passat SE. I agree, this current offer is no great deal, but with limited supply and pent-up demand, it's the going rate for somebody who wants the car. There's sure to be some room to negotiate as the weeks drag on and the interested buyers dry up, but the selection is going to get thin.

The only real downside at these prices would be to somebody who only keeps their car for a few (or five) years, or those who experience a total loss who aren't GAP insured.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Its a great deal compared to anything else on the market right now, some see it as market adjust pricing, but heck there's nothing else out there that fits the bill of a Passat TDI. We're not going to shell of for a 5 series BMW or an E class.

Its not like your comparing a 2015 Camery to a 2017 Camery and say jeeze they should offer 10K easy.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
It will be interesting to see what the resale value will be in a few yrs after the smoke clears. It could go either way, people will have to have a diesel and pay up or the bad reputation of diesels will scare off all but the really committed diesel fans.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
It will be interesting to see what the resale value will be in a few yrs after the smoke clears. It could go either way, people will have to have a diesel and pay up or the bad reputation of diesels will scare off all but the really committed diesel fans.
For the units with a fix, and the 11 year, 162,000 warranty will be in a class of their own.

Trying to put a value on the warranty is perplexing and germain to the future value on a car

IMO, it's worth more than any ol' CPO warranty.

Given that a regular CPO with 20K - 80K miles might be worth $1,000 - $1,500, I personally give the TDi warranty a value of > $2,000

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
Picked up my 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium, gold exterior, dark grey interior. Will give back my 2013 for $28,000.00+ and went with the lease and got the $8,500.00 off from VW for leasing, and $1,000.00 from the dealer. Never leased before and I compared the lease to the loan. The loan has a $5,000.00 discount and adding the dealers $1,000.00 off, and even if I go the life of the lease and then purchase the Passaat, it works out to be $2,200.00 less than with the loan. Also as soon as I sell back my VW, will pay the new Passat off and buy it. I have it in writing there is no penalty for buying the Passat early. I just save a bit of interest. Dealer had 8 TDI's at the start of the week, and sold out by Thursday. I got the last one.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I was talking to my TDI guru who has a '13 Passat SEL. A local dealer has the same color combo in a 2015 (black on black), and even with the not so great discount he can lease the new one and then pay off the lease with the buyback money from his '13. We were discussing that although the rebate on the '15s may be small, the buyback isn't.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Just got an email from Coastal VW in Hanover, MA for anyone interested..

Hi Douglas,

You may have heard that Volkswagen is no longer building TDI diesel models for the United States. Fortunately, Coastal Volkswagen has been authorized to sell the fully-compliant, brand new 2015 TDI models remaining in our inventory at a significant savings.

Volkswagen is offering two great ways to save on these 2015 TDI Models.

Choose either
$5000 Rebate plus 0.0% APR for up to 72 months
or
24 month lease which includes $8500 in Lease Cash

Please call (855) 895-0187, click the link above, or email deals@coastalvolkswagen.com for more info. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Terrence Sterbenz
Sales Manager
Coastal Volkswagen

www.coastalvw.com

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Coastal isn't budging off MSRP less rebate. Don't think they have anything left with a manual.

CiDirkona

TDI
2015 Golf TDI (NAR, post-EPA)
The lease-price markdown on the Golf line was $8500 under MSRP. I thought about it just to get the price down even further and then buy it outright, but $5k off and 0% wasn't bad either.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
Hey guys - is there anywhere online where I can check local inventory of 2015 TDIs?

Also for those who have bought one - how is the engine performance after the fix?

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
Hey guys - is there anywhere online where I can check local inventory of 2015 TDIs?

Also for those who have bought one - how is the engine performance after the fix?
I would go to cars.com and do a search. Using the criteria of VW, diesel, manual transmission (or whatever tranny you want), wagon (or whatever body style you want), color, etc

Of the cars that show up, you can sort by price, distance, etc. I would call those dealers (know the stock number when you call) and ask if it is still available.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I would go to cars.com and do a search. Using the criteria of VW, diesel, manual transmission (or whatever tranny you want), wagon (or whatever body style you want), color, etc
From what I can tell, I think cars.com listings for the 2015's are old, incorrect, or both.

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
I can't vouch for cars.com's accuracy but I know the GSW I bought isn't listed on there anymore.

jvance

Veteran Member
TDI
Gave it back to VW
Okay thanks guys. I checked cars.com and there are two TDI S sportwagens with manual transmission at my closest dealer for a pretty darned good price. If I want to travel 300+ miles there are some GSW SEs with manual and pano roof. Not sure I want to do the whole fly out and drive back rigamarole that I did with my current car. I'll see which is more important to my wife - stick or panoramic roof.

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
Hskrdu, give a call to Archie at Nemer VW. Just north of Albany. They had what you where looking for a couple days ago.

jaxkxx

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5 TDI
Okay thanks guys. I checked cars.com and there are two TDI S sportwagens with manual transmission at my closest dealer for a pretty darned good price. If I want to travel 300+ miles there are some GSW SEs with manual and pano roof. Not sure I want to do the whole fly out and drive back rigamarole that I did with my current car. I'll see which is more important to my wife - stick or panoramic roof.
99% Tdi's SE with manual trans on cars.com are already sold.