Dogbone inserts or new bushings?

TDI
2006 jetta tdi, 85 golf diesel
I was wondering if the inserts from ecs tuning are worth it or to spend money on new bushings and where to get a good replacement

Spiked1Z

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I purchased the inserts from ECS tunning.. Definitely noticable stiffness increase in the front end after the easy install, however when temps drop below 40, and I go over parking lot speed bumps I get a new squeak that sounds like its coming from the dog bone.. I'm considering replacing the dog bone with a urethane bushings when I get around to doing the control arms...

For the money the ECS stuff works, though if the dog bones are as far gone as mine are maybe worth saving for the bushings..

Spiked1Z

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The dog bone should not be making noise when you go over bumps. Sound more like swaybar bushings or links.

before putting the insert in it would clunk, and have a loose feel, after the insert its definitely tighter, and the sound 'sounds' like its coming right from the the center front were the dog bone inserts are.

Its only really is noticeable on the harsh parking lot speed bumps, or big square drop offs.

James & Son

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I was wondering if the inserts from ecs tuning are worth it or to spend money on new bushings and where to get a good replacement
Fess up. Did you mess it up doing a clutch change as I did or did it actually disintegrate on its own. I cracked the rubber and used a Black Forest insert. I like the stock feel better but can't beat the price and convenience. The round molded oem inserts are molded into an aluminum outer ring and are a press fit. Maybe the dealer has a special tool?

keaton

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less ATM
Fess up. Did you mess it up doing a clutch change as I did or did it actually disintegrate on its own. I cracked the rubber and used a Black Forest insert. I like the stock feel better but can't beat the price and convenience. The round molded oem inserts are molded into an aluminum outer ring and are a press fit. Maybe the dealer has a special tool?
you have to pull them out in pieces, then cut the ring. you can use a bottle jack and a 2x4 or large socket to press a new one back in.

i put this one in my car for $17.00 shipped you can't beat it. you are suppose to replace the bolt as well. its a TTY bolt
http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-151106R-Motor-Mount/dp/B001EEXI1O/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1420563823&vehicle=2006-74-960-958--1-6-5-7936-1353-1-1-2700--1-0&sr=1-11&ymm=2006%3Avolkswagen%3Ajetta&keywords=engine+mount

BioJetta2001

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM
I went with the inserts from ecs tuning and it was night and day. I feel that is a solid investment.

Spike_africa

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI/w DSG
Is there an amazon link to these? I have prime and some gift money left over from xmas. I just got the Continental ProContact all season tires replaced with Ultra High Performance summer Dunlop DZ102's and its been only 3 days, but man the car feels better all around. Summer tires are so much better over all seasons if you can get away with like me being in FL.

keaton

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less ATM
Is there an amazon link to these? I have prime and some gift money left over from xmas. I just got the Continental ProContact all season tires replaced with Ultra High Performance summer Dunlop DZ102's and its been only 3 days, but man the car feels better all around. Summer tires are so much better over all seasons if you can get away with like me being in FL.
I got mine off of amazon....post #7 for the link... :rolleyes:

dieselbill

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6 speed sedan Titanium Beige and 06 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed Wheat Beige
Lemforder Dog Bone Bushings

Has anyone replaced their damaged dog bone bushings with Lemforders? They appear to have more solid rubber.

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
No idea on the Lemforders, but the OE ones that BFI sells (I assume that they are replacing the main bushings with stiffer ones?) worked well for me, and are dirt cheap.

paperthin

Veteran Member
TDI
15 A3 TDI
I used a product from energy suspension. I was looking for a low cost/easy choice to get me by until the dieselgate passes over, I would have preferred a real stock replacement. I put it in last November and I am quite happy with it. It is louder than normal at idle, not unbearable. In reverse there is massive vibration, but it is fine for how long one is in reverse. I figure I can always take it out if I didn't like it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Energy-Suspen...0062&sr=8-8&keywords=energy+suspension+insert

Do what you want this info.