New Lock module, still have issues

Jake Brake

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS tdi wagon
I replaced the driver side front door lock module. It locks with the remote and will unlock the hatch, but will not unlock any doors with the remote.

it works fine with the key. I used a VW part to replace it.

Do I need to reprogram it with a vcds to make it work properly?

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
I don't think that the door lock module is your problem. I'd probably try to reprogram a good working FOB and go from there.

Jake Brake

Veteran Member
TDI
the old module was bad as I was having other issues too. I will pick up another FOB and give it a try. Thanks!

Jake Brake

Veteran Member
TDI
Does the new FOB need to be programmed with a VCDS?

Got a new FOB on Ebay and got it cut. directions were a bit unclear on programming. Tried a few different ways with keys in the ignition and in the door. It didn't work.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
See if the CCM "sees" the buttons on the fob being pressed. I forget the scan data block, but you can start at the beginning and go up until you find it.

You cannot diagnose the door locks on that car without a scan tool (well, unless you like guessing and throwing parts at it).

Also, there are different fobs. You need to match the part number with the one you have (there are different frequencies). It sounds to me like you just have a bad one. VCDS can be used to reprogram them.

Jake Brake

Veteran Member
TDI
I just replaced the driver side front and rear lock modules with ones from VW. I don't have a VCDS yet. Will get one when I get caught up on everything.

Redlabel6

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta, 2005 Passat
Did you check the wire in the "boot" from the door to the A Pillar? They are notorious fro cracking and breaking.
I just had to replace the one on my '05 Jetta.
d

Jake Brake

Veteran Member
TDI
Everything is working fine with the key. My old FOB doesn't unlock the doors, but everthing else is good.

I bought another FOB to have an extra key too, but can't get it to work at all except with the key.