Shine rear sway bar
Yakima roof rack with ski carriers
badgless grill
block heater
11mm fuel injection pump head
old man intake pipe
Dieselgeek racepipe/EGR cooler/changeover valve delete
poly bushings in the dogbone mount
in-dash gauges (boost, oil pressure, oil temp)
ipod adapter for cd changer connector
extra set of steel wheels with studded snow tires (2 in good shape, 2 should probably be replaced but could make it one more season)
lots of recent parts (control arms, pass. drive shaft, brakes w/lots of life, 2 tires in good shape, 2 should be replaced in the next ~10,000 miles)
recent timing belt change (250,000 miles)
VR6 clutch/G60 flywheel installed at 225,000 miles
I'm looking to sell my 2000 TDi as I have 2 cars and can't really afford the insurance and maintenance on both anymore. This car has been mine for 7 years since ~160,000 miles. It's had regular oil changes every 10,000 miles with the full synthetic per VW spec. It had a timing belt change at ~175,000 miles then again at ~250,000 miles. The rollers were also replaced at 175k. The head was rebuilt after losing the timing belt at 175,000 miles. The clutch was replaced with a VR6 clutch/G60 flywheel at ~225,000 miles. The engine runs strong but there are a few issues. There is an oil leak I think behind the crank seal at the flywheel. It has been an issue for about 3 years, but I check the oil regularly and always keep it full. I just haven't had the time/energy/money to take it apart and fix it. Also, the air conditioning compressor recently seized up, and I replace it with a pulley so there's currently no A/C. There are many dings and cosmetic flaws, but nothing very serious. Mainly there is some denting to a rear fender and the hood has a small patch of paint scraped off/dented where the car got pushed by a jeep in some heavy snow several years ago. There has been no accidents at speed, just some little bumps from hard driving and pizza delivery (this car was used for work for a few years delivering pizza). The windshield is cracked. The front valence is gone and I've had to replace the radiator a couple years ago from a rather steep dip in the road going a little bit too fast.
Given all that, this car still runs strong and is super fun to drive. I really don't want to part with it, but I just don't have the money or garage space to give it the love it needs. If you fix the oil leak, add some injectors and some software, this car will be really fun, add a turbo and some intake upgrades and even better. This would be a great project car if you're ok with the cosmetic issues or have a good body man to clean it up. The interior is in decent shape but has the wear of a 10 year old car. There are monster mat floor mats as well.
I think $3000 is a fair price (extra set of wheels and roof rack are worth a few hundred alone), but feel free to make an offer.
I had too many pictures to add to one post, so I posted them below.

Last edited:

crzyjt

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI
I will have pics Saturday or Sunday I can send you. Also, it had the MAF recently replaced in the last 6 months.

crzyjt

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI
Here's some pictures. I tried to get a good shot of the dented right rear fender. Also, the driver side has blue paint on it where a car hit it while it was parked on the street in Boston. It sideswiped it in the night and broke the rearview mirror. I've replaced the mirror but never fixed the paint. You can see the badgless grill and the hood. I have the notch piece to install and bondo/paint to make it look flush. It would be easy to fix the other scrape on the hood at the same time the notch would be installed. I didn't get a pic of the windshield crack, but I can if you want.

Pictures are below.

j3dixmind5

TDI
seeking new tdi
living in denver i cant imagine the awesomeness of he gas mileage you get while doing down those mountains, driving from denver to grand junction is like maybe a quarter of a tank???

crzyjt

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI
I've gotten over 50mpg cruising i70 down from the mountains. It gets great economy. Even delivering pizzas around town I can get around 40mpg if I'm not mashing the pedal too hard.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Still for sale? I think that's a fair price!

Seriously, when do you want me to come pick it up?

Last edited:

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
He must mean $3000...

11mm pump, rack, gauges, etc... even though the car needs a little TLC it's worth $3000.

crzyjt

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI
check you original posting, it mentions $2000 for the car.
Then $3.000 on #1 post?
I tried to change the title but it won't update for some reason. I adjusted the price to 3000 obo after some input from some PMs I received.