Another video

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
After changing injectors or in our case putting in another engine that came with injectors you have to adapt your computer to match your injectors. Learn how to avoid mistakes in this process in this video. This was on a 2014 Jetta tdi, but it applies to any Tdi 09 and up.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
Yes, I still have an '84 4-door daily driver,.. and an '84 GTI TD running project that I'm hopping up.
...aaand I still have the '91 Golf that I'm running an M-TDI/ VNT-15 in.
Here's a video from the utube channel I just started for my VW stuff:
(2) 20F Cold start! VW turbo diesel. Wait for the turbo whine to build. 1.7TD with VNT-15. - YouTube

I'll get better at making videos, maybe help people figure out how to work on them.
I doubt it will be as helpful as your channel has been to the community.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Yes, I still have an '84 4-door daily driver,.. and an '84 GTI TD running project that I'm hopping up.
...aaand I still have the '91 Golf that I'm running an M-TDI/ VNT-15 in.
Here's a video from the utube channel I just started for my VW stuff:
(2) 20F Cold start! VW turbo diesel. Wait for the turbo whine to build. 1.7TD with VNT-15. - YouTube

I'll get better at making videos, maybe help people figure out how to work on them.
I doubt it will be as helpful as your channel has been to the community.
you still have the tree to pull motors with? I subscribed to your channel. I was the 2nd subscriber to your channel FYI.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
The original "pulling tree" is gone.
It turned out to be hollow, maybe hit by lightning.
I didn't trust it anymore, probably shouldn't have lifted the last car with it but it worked out.
It was Ash and heated my house for most of a winter.
I am using a big elm now. It doesn't have that perfect "hangin' tree" limb sticking straight out like the old one.
But it's strong enough to lift a car and roll a trailer under it.
Thanks for subbing. #2. I am subbed to your channel, spend some time on it and always hit the like.
I did some body work on my daily driver Rabbit this fall and took some video so I posted it.
Kind of hard to see all that rust but I'll post a video of it after the work is done.
It looks good now and since I used stainless patches it is solid and will last.
One of the next videos will be of the latest mechanical VNT-15 controller I built for the old 1.6TDs.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Here's part two diag on a 2009 Jetta Tdi with CBEA engine and it starts up then dies. Its not a immo issue but we lack any kind of direction as there is no codes. We start through the FAST-TEC acronym for no start diagnosis.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Hope you dont mind the Mercedes CDI content. Been working on some BMW 335d's recently. Anyone like those?

Having one of those engines in my K5 would be nice

markdave

TDI
tdi 1.6
I had to change one since I installed them way back when. Speed Test The tip showed no signs of over heating, and I get very little smoke, if any, on a cold start-up. The original 7v ceramics smoked like crazy.

Last edited:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
The rig

As much as I think about it, still remains only a dream

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Newest video on a blinker repair. Very common on passats whether Tdi or not. Be sure to click the link in the description for update on the future of coolairvw shop and youtube channel.