No power until 2.7k rpms

Moribus

TDI
wv 81kw
So yeah, like the title says. Hooked up diagnostics, no errors. Swaped N75, and MAF, still same results.
Car is slow in city, untill I hit 2.7k rpms feels like only then turbo started to spin.
1999 81kw passat B5.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Sounds like either sticky turbo, or it's miss adjusted.
Really is that it's likely sticky.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Giberish33

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDi 1z
So yeah, like the title says. Hooked up diagnostics, no errors. Swaped N75, and MAF, still same results.
Car is slow in city, untill I hit 2.7k rpms feels like only then turbo started to spin.
1999 81kw passat B5.
Have you tried driving the car with the MAF unplugged. Should feel slower than normal but more even power. Another thing do you have access to vagcom? You could log maf readings when accelerating.

Did this turbo issue start recently or its been happening for a long time? The turbo shouldn't be vnt so I don't think it would be "sticky" but the actuator could be not adjusted properly.

After turbo kicks in at 2.7K rpm does the car feel normal and accelerate normally all the way to 4k?

Moribus

TDI
wv 81kw
Sounds like either sticky turbo, or it's miss adjusted.
Really is that it's likely sticky.
I will try oven cleaner method, or can someone suggest using actual turbo cleaner?
Have you tried driving the car with the MAF unplugged. Should feel slower than normal but more even power. Another thing do you have access to vagcom? You could log maf readings when accelerating.
Did this turbo issue start recently or its been happening for a long time? The turbo shouldn't be vnt so I don't think it would be "sticky" but the actuator could be not adjusted properly.
After turbo kicks in at 2.7K rpm does the car feel normal and accelerate normally all the way to 4k?
I just bought this car, so I cant say. Disconected maf gives max speed of 110km/h maf on gives 170+
I accelerate to 4.5k rpm without problem.

Edit:
I'm not saying turbo is not spinning, I just do not get enough power.

Last edited:

Mpatton

TDI
Audi a41.9
Having very same problem,,, blew fuse last week below the ecu... Gave a few wiring faults for n75, egr etc..
Sorted that but since put new fuse in iv basically no boost until 27-2800rpm and at 3500rpm turbo is pulling very strong etc.... Had day off other day,, gave car full service,, new egr, n 75 and vacuum hoses....
Actuator rode moving but not sure if moving enough.
Scanned it again at garage now code,,,engine mount solenoid valves n144 /n155 open circuit p1588....
Cant understand how that code could effect my boost tho..
Car will also go into limp if try to push it on before turbo boosts.... Just recycle engine to recover from that...
Any taughts??