Mini Rant.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I don't take them off. I just like to have a bit off here and there to get things that have been forcibly set aside done.

I leave at the end of march thur the 10th of April to go west on the bikes. Cars dropped off during that time will be ignored. I came back to 7 cars here last year....Notes taped to the steering wheel.

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
You should feel so lucky to have work flowing our your ears, no?

Calm down. You're dealing with the public. No need to be so cranky.

Move your shop and don't tell anyone or put up any signage. :D Seems like you need to figure out if this is a business enterprise or a hobby for you. If you are hating the work this much, perhaps its a hobby?

PS: didn't you just move recently? LOL.

jasonTDI

TDI
The tenacity of those people. You should make your lot a tow away zone while your gone.
lol....everyone of them had called and heard the message but decided to not send and email and drop the the cars. Landlord and neighbors were not happy....

jasonTDI

TDI
Nothing to add Nick....Had plenty, decided to not post it.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Yep.

You'll have to come up this summer Bob. Lot's of good space to "practice" Plus the new CC law is in effect here!
Hm, I could maybe do the TB a bit early again (modded), cam upgrade at the same time :)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Jason I would rethink about having your shop next to your new house.People will start knocking on your front door.We had a mechanic who had a shop in his backyard.He told us it was so bad he had to fence in his house and lock the gate.It would drive him nuts when someone would knock during dinner time.Good luck

jasonTDI

TDI
Release the hounds! </Mr.Burns>
I have Akita's. But close enough.

I'm going to gate the end of the property. You MIGHT be able to drive the lawn to get to the shop unless it's raining or snow covered. But if you do that I'll greet with a shotgun.....

In general the people that come to me other than a few are VERY respectful and don't usually do dumb stuff. TDI clients are far better than what I have seen for some general mechanic friends. Also the difference is I'm by appointment only, not an open general shop. You need to call first. Not that I toss people that show up but as a rule pretty much everyone calls or sends a text. I do a lot of small stuff including reading codes for free. People remember things like that and generally show a lot more respect.

TDI
I have recently had to call a trusted mechanic multiple times, as well as email an PM. In fairness, I had asked him about doing a timing belt job and he suggested late Jan. as a time he was free. I agreed and asked which date in particular. After that I never heard from him. Left a PM, an email, and call him. Guess he has got something going on. But calling many times out of the blue..that's over the top.

jasonTDI

TDI
That can happen. I get enought emails, phone messages and texts to occasionaly miss one. Phone usually has about 40-50 messages on it. I use about 3000-3700 min a month.

Bronco648

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
I can vouch for that. The day you worked on my intake manifold, it seemed that your phone rang every 20 minutes or so.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I think Jason should outsource his phone calls to a call center overseas!

jasonTDI

TDI
HEY!!!

You saw the mess there huh?

For the rest of you, the building was an industrial mfg plant 35 years ago and they converted to independent 88x23 bays. But.....they left the HUGE hodge-podge of disconnected wiring and cables installed over the years. I kid you not there is a bundle about 7" in diameter in the ceiling beams and a few dozen other random cables....ugh. Not ONE GOOD line to the shop. :rolleyes:

Oh well....moving soon enough. Can't take the "skate board distribution company" AKA the punk, noisy, disruptive, half pipe filled, trash leaving, radio thumping skate board grinding, wall banging he** hole next door. I thought we were zoned light commercial industrial....:rolleyes: So much for that...

Here's the phone junction at Jason's shop. :p

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I have recently had to call a trusted mechanic multiple times, as well as email an PM. In fairness, I had asked him about doing a timing belt job and he suggested late Jan. as a time he was free. I agreed and asked which date in particular. After that I never heard from him. Left a PM, an email, and call him. Guess he has got something going on. But calling many times out of the blue..that's over the top.
It's called life. ;)

Utmuscle

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS wagon
Sounds like a vacation is in order Jason. Maybe someplace warm like Moab?
I'm continually amazed by the nerve of some people. I still tell people about my trip last fall when I called you concerned about oil leaking aroung my turbo. You were kind enough to take a look that morning. After a 2 hr inspection (and free advise) you replaced the o ring on my IC tube and sent me on my way. It's sad people would take advantage of your generous nature. I wish I had a guru like you in Salt Lake.

jasonTDI

TDI
Thanks.

And glad you made it back. Hope you got the injector issue firgured out.

I'll be in Moab the 10-18th of April. Come down if you need anything. I can bring tools....Ahhh sunshine.....I need it.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Actually, Jason, I've never been to your current shop. I just pulled that picture off the internet, and thought it applied to your comment about the deluge of phone and email messages. I need to figure out my schedule and give you a call. I'm due for a timing belt change.

jasonTDI

TDI
What kinda bikes you ride Jason?
98' BMW R1100GS heavy farkle, 2 up bike.
09' BMW F800GS heavy farkle set for high speed desert riding.
09' Husky TE450 Desert tank, custom lighting front and back...scary fast.
77' HD CR1000 Cafe racer. (Peter Egan of R&T, Cycle World former bike)
71' BMW R60/5 undergoing the 5 year resto project....Back to Euro standard.

See you at the Crud ride?

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
It's a bit of a ride, but Maine is nice in the summer. I can set you up, lobster & beer included.

Akita's? Forget the hounds, they'll just get in the way. My dad had one, great dog but you didn't want to tick it off or all 150 pounds would come at you in a flash. "Viscious" is being kind when they or you are being threatened.

Good luck on the R&R, everyone needs a recharge now and then.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
98' BMW R1100GS heavy farkle, 2 up bike.
09' BMW F800GS heavy farkle set for high speed desert riding.
09' Husky TE450 Desert tank, custom lighting front and back...scary fast.
77' HD CR1000 Cafe racer. (Peter Egan of R&T, Cycle World former bike)
71' BMW R60/5 undergoing the 5 year resto project....Back to Euro standard.
It used to be said that you could judge how good a mechanic was by the size of his boat....

My desire to do more gravel-road pokin'-around has had me seriously eyeing the BMW F650GS. But my homely-but-awesomely-functional-and-reliable Suzuki Burgman 650 does so many things so well that I have a hard time justifying making the switch. The only thing it doesn't do well is gravel.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Maybe if Jason would spend a little less time typing on Tdi club, then he could spare a few minutes to answer the phone!!!! ;):D:rolleyes::eek:
I've called him twice. Once he called me back within ten minutes and the other time he picked up. I look forward to working with him the next time I need service.

jasonTDI

TDI
Nice bikes, makes me want to buy my old DRZ back...sniff sniff. Here it is after a cleaning, it was full of go fast parts too. Where and when is the Crud ride? I know of it but never been a part of it...

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n569/rthawk110/67a5e151.jpg

NICE!

First Sunday in MAY. First Sunday in OCTOBER.

Starts in Pine Bluff. Ends in Leland.

Be in PB by 10am to see a lot of cool stuff. The other end is cool but full of beer drinking Pirates....And lots of cops....We do a long ride to Leland, usually 3-4 hours, stay 30-60 min then split. I'm an actual "associate member". There are about 30 of us in Madison and Detroit.

http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/

jasonTDI

TDI
It used to be said that you could judge how good a mechanic was by the size of his boat....

My desire to do more gravel-road pokin'-around has had me seriously eyeing the BMW F650GS. But my homely-but-awesomely-functional-and-reliable Suzuki Burgman 650 does so many things so well that I have a hard time justifying making the switch. The only thing it doesn't do well is gravel.
Some dual sport tires might help but I think the rear weight bias is the real issue. Used F650GS on BMW MOA for $8250 with FARKLES! That's a good deal.

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
NICE!

First Sunday in MAY. First Sunday in OCTOBER.

Starts in Pine Bluff. Ends in Leland.

Be in PB by 10am to see a lot of cool stuff. The other end is cool but full of beer drinking Pirates....And lots of cops....We do a long ride to Leland, usually 3-4 hours, stay 30-60 min then split. I'm an actual "associate member". There are about 30 of us in Madison and Detroit.

http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/
Sounds like a good time. If I'm not making hay to feed moo-cows or putting kern in the ground I will try to make it on the Triumph. Hopefully things stay cool this spring and I can put it off for a while, this warm winter means I don't get much rest, have to get stuff done when I can. Is it a pretty big ride then, lots of people go on it?

jasonTDI

TDI
3-4 THOUSAND.....Just a couple....