Looking for a tuner

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I believe buzzken is not an authorized Malone dealer any longer!
There is one in the north end of the city as well as one in Scarborough.
Just go to the Malone website and look for dealers.

I think he does JR tuning now. I switched from a Malone tune on my bew and couldn't be happier with the JR tune!

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I thought Malone was the holy grail of tdi tuning, now that buzzken moves over to some small local tuner, JR tuning is all of a sudden the best tuner in town? Lol....

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
from what i heard malone doesnt support CR tunes to pass ETESTs ???

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Yea but offering egr delete tunes isn't legal either. Making a disclaimer that it's for off road use doesn't change the fact it tweaks the software to pass e test
Hence why my tuned BHW has the EGR still fully functional.

The gains to be had by deleting the EGR are minimal at best (EGR does not activate at WOT.

EGR deleted cars stink when you follow them down the road. I kinda like breathing.:rolleyes:

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Jr tuning? Who are they? New to the scene?
Not new they have been around these parts for more then a few years.

http://chiptuning.ca/

I thought Malone was the holy grail of tdi tuning, now that buzzken moves over to some small local tuner, JR tuning is all of a sudden the best tuner in town? Lol....
Small local tuner LOL...actually they just set the north american 1/4 record with their bmw 335d diesel.

Your response sounded a little bias against ken, but i ran malone for 4 years on my common rail jetta....it wasnt flawless, it did work....ive been runing the touareg at a level that 99% of the tdi touaregs dont go in north america and this thing is flawless...almost 100,000kms since tuned and its been nothing short of a monster.

Just because someone once was the leader in tuning or was the holy grail doesnt mean it stays that way...things change

Last edited:

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Not new they have been around these parts for more then a few years...and are well known in europe as well.
http://www.jrtuning.co.uk/

http://chiptuning.ca/

Small local tuner LOL...actually its a very large brand that has come over from europe. Further more they just set the north american 1/4 record with their bmw 335d diesel.
www.jrtuning.co.uk

Your response sounded a little bias against ken, but i ran malone for 4 years on my common rail jetta....it wasnt flawless, it did work....ive been runing the touareg at a level that 99% of the tdi touaregs dont go in north america and this thing is flawless...almost 100,000kms since tuned and its been nothing short of a monster.

Just because someone once was the leader in tuning or was the holy grail doesnt mean it stays that way...things change
lol... if anything you're the one bias towards ken because from what I remember, you had a malone tune when ken was with malone and now it would appear you jumped to jr tune, where ken happens to be now also...hmm

anyways, I could care less where you got your tune from or for which tuner ken works with. It would appear that not many people have heard of jr tuning, and from what I found online they're from the UK, no mention about jr tuning anywhere else in Europe, so they're still a small name in my book, they're no revo technik, APR or malone

OP, sorry for the side track... if you want some tuning, go with malone, there's a local dealer in Barrie, place is called The Garage

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
well considering you dont have a tdi at all...a malone or jr tune your input really is not all that realavent.

Yes like i said i did have malone on another vehicle, when i switched ken was still selling both jr and malone...but seeing malone was having adblue issues i choose jr. Having my vehicle look up because it suddenly thinks its out of adblue is not my kinda idea of fun.

Malone was great for cars before adblue..like my mk6 jetta, but this is a different game and there are plenty of guys here more then happy with jr and none have had any issues ive seen.

But i guess someone who owns a 1.8t has more experience then someone who's put 2 high km years tuned on the actual tune.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
well considering you dont have a tdi at all...a malone or jr tune your input really is not all that realavent.

Yes like i said i did have malone on another vehicle, when i switched ken was still selling both jr and malone...but seeing malone was having adblue issues i choose jr. Having my vehicle look up because it suddenly thinks its out of adblue is not my kinda idea of fun.

Malone was great for cars before adblue..like my mk6 jetta, but this is a different game and there are plenty of guys here more then happy with jr and none have had any issues ive seen.

But i guess someone who owns a 1.8t has more experience then someone who's put 2 high km years tuned on the actual tune.
sorry, I guess 125000km in a malone tuned ALH that I owned for 3 years doesn't count... but what do I know, i'm just a guy with a 1.8t, guess that automatically means I have no experience :rolleyes:

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
sorry, I guess 125000km in a malone tuned ALH that I owned for 3 years doesn't count... but what do I know, i'm just a guy with a 1.8t, guess that automatically means I have no experience :rolleyes:
yah because an alh has anything to compare to a common rail tdi...sorry but no

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
ken and jr tuning, only way to go

yah because an alh has anything to compare to a common rail tdi...sorry but no
ok you're right you know everything, sorry :eek:
says the guy comparing a tune hes running on a 19 year old engine and some how is relevant
All I did was quote your ignorant remark that I have no experience with tdi's, malone or JR by stating that I do have some experience with malone tuning since I had a tune on my ALH years ago

Where on gods green earth did I ever compare an ALH to a CR or say that I know it all

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
That's correct, these tunes aren't legal for road use.
Smart move not offering to illegally defeat emissions devices in software. Bullydog and Hypertech were both fined for doing as such. It's only a matter of time before this gets cracked down on. I certainly wouldn't want to be involved in software defeats or DPF bypass pipes when it goes down.