Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

MellyWelly

TDI
13' PASSAT SEL TDI
Those of you stuck on step #15 since October, I highly recommend you email the class council at info@vwclasscounsel.com
What can it hurt? I did this morning and received an email back with the phone # of one of the attorneys. I just got off the phone with her. She is going to do some checking on my claim and I am to call her back on Tuesday for a status call if I don't have an offer by then.
Docs uploaded 9/27
Docs approved 10/26 (stuck on step #15)
crickets since then
VW Credit (loan) says payoff quote requested on 11/23​

Here is my email to them at 9:34AM Eastern time on 12/2:
Good Morning,
I submitted my paperwork back in September. My portal was updated on October 26th advising me that my paperwork was accepted and I would get a final offer in 10 business days. I am still waiting for that offer. I was told today was the magical date - I still have no offer. I would like to speak with someone about my options at this point.
Melissa XXXXX
419-XXX-XXXX

Their reply at 5:16PM eastern time (they are located in San Fran)
Hi Melissa,
I am an attorney with the law firm serving as the Court-appointed lead counsel representing the plaintiffs in the VW class action litigation.
I'm happy to discuss your situation with you. Please let me know if (419) XXX-XXXX is still the best number to reach you at, along with a good time to call. Or, if you prefer, you can reach me at (415) 956-1000, x2348.
Regards,
Marissa Oh
�Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
VW “Clean Diesel” MDL No. 2672 | Plaintiffs Steering Committee
info@vwclasscounsel.com

UPDATE 12/6: I'm happy to report that I got my offer letter this morning. After speaking with the claims counsel on Friday night I decided to call the claim line yesterday morning because I still didn't have my offer letter. I spoke with a nice young lady who advised me that my offer was coming. I asked to speak to a supervisor and to my surprise she actually did transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor asked me if I was sure my offer wasn't in the portal b/c she could see it. She said it was created on Sunday, Dec 4th. I told her no, there was no offer letter in my portal. She said she would contact VW corporate and ask them to resend. 24 hours later the offer letter showed up in my portal. I had it printed, notarized and then uploaded all 7 pages back to them within 45 minutes. Now I'm just waiting for the email saying I can schedule my buy back appt. Here is my timeline:
docs uploaded 9/27
docs accepted 10/26
emailed & spoke to claim's counsel 12/2
spoke with 1-844 supervisor 12/5
offer letter came 12/6
I chose eft, notarized and scanned all 7 pages back on 12/6 (45 minutes later)
I have a loan with VW credit - they called for payoff on

UPDATE#2 3:40PM est on 12/7
I just got my email saying I can go schedule my buyback appt!!!!!!!!!
I submitted notarized docs yesterday 12/6 at 9:15AM and at 3:15 today (12/7) I got the email to go schedule my appt. I am beyond excited, actually a little teary eyed - that is going to be finally over for me. I'm going to take pics of all appointments/pages available in the hopes it might help others...stay tuned.

Last edited:

JGEO

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
My docs were completed as well on 10-26-16 and have heard nothing since then. I am wondering if there is an issue with docs approved on that date? Like lost in space or something???

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Those of you stuck on step #15 since October, I highly recommend you email the class council at info@vwclasscounsel.com
What can it hurt? I did this morning and received an email back with the phone # of one of the attorneys. I just got off the phone with her. She is going to do some checking on my claim and I am to call her back on Tuesday for a status call if I don't have an offer by then.
Docs uploaded 9/27
Docs approved 10/26 (stuck on step #15)
crickets since then
VW Credit (loan) says payoff quote requested on 11/23​

Here is my email to them at 9:34AM Eastern time on 12/2:
Good Morning,
I submitted my paperwork back in September. My portal was updated on October 26th advising me that my paperwork was accepted and I would get a final offer in 10 business days. I am still waiting for that offer. I was told today was the magical date - I still have no offer. I would like to speak with someone about my options at this point.
Melissa XXXXX
419-XXX-XXXX

Their reply at 5:16PM eastern time (they are located in San Fran)
Hi Melissa,
I am an attorney with the law firm serving as the Court-appointed lead counsel representing the plaintiffs in the VW class action litigation.
I'm happy to discuss your situation with you. Please let me know if (419) XXX-XXXX is still the best number to reach you at, along with a good time to call. Or, if you prefer, you can reach me at (415) 956-1000, x2348.
Regards,
Marissa Oh
�Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
VW “Clean Diesel” MDL No. 2672 | Plaintiffs Steering Committee
info@vwclasscounsel.com
Thanks for thread

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Mine have been uploaded and stuck on "blue eyeballs" since 9/23. I wondered who I should contact, since everyone's been warning of 2+ hour waits trying to contact anyone at VW...and getting nowhere, anyhow.

MellyWelly

TDI
13' PASSAT SEL TDI
I told the attorney that there were people who have been waiting longer than me - some since September. I highly suggest you email or call the class counsel.

whisper01

TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Letter sent

I also sent a letter today --I talked to the call center today in
Michigan. Green eyeballs--Oct 28th. You guys know the rest.
10 days turned to 20 days turned to one month.
Today I was told it could be another 30 days
till I receive my offer--last straw. OY

Last edited:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Today I was told it could be another 30 days
till I receive my offer--last straw. OY
Last straw... and then what?

Nuke the forums? Strip the car? Throw eggs at the dealership?

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat as you and have been following this forum obsessively, but I'm not too worked up. Soon they're going to get to us. Meanwhile, my wife's happy in her new car, and equally happy to be out of her Passat, which she never really liked. We'll continue to make an extra car payment until VW gets its house in order, and most of that money comes right back to us.

On the other hand, I was thinking today that if so many owners weren't so wound up about this, ranting online and calling the claims hotline daily, then maybe the delays would be deemed "ok" and this process would really drag out. So from that standpoint... I offer my thanks?

But between me and you, it'll happen when it happens.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
That's funny.

We really are powerless. I have called and when they blow you off by telling you they are escalating the claim and a supervisor will call, you know there is nothing you can do. You are tempted to give them a piece of your mind but in the back of your head you can see her with her finger ready to delete your claim or hit the reject button, so you just shut up then curl up in to the fetal position and wait some more.

I got a good one today though, that took the time to dig into why my 9/19 download and 11/14 verified/complete where still in limbo. She came back and apologized that I have waited so long but the good news was my 2013 Salvaged Golf and 2015 Golf where approved by the 3rd party audit on the 22nd and where just trapped in a log jam to put the offer together.

I'm good with that. I can handle waiting as long as I know there is progress and where I stand.

Roishe Cheng

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I can handle waiting as long as I know there is progress and where I stand.
And that's what the majority of the pro-VW people here DON'T get. I'm not in a rush for the money, we just have no status. What if my paperwork was lost or the server ate its own ass and deleted my file along with a few others or there are corrupted records? I've built some pretty big financial trading systems and I know what can happen when a new system is rolled out very quickly with a lack of testing.

I can get more status ordering a Domino pizza for a $18 transaction than I can from a #7 Fortune 500 major auto manufacturer handling a $29k+ payment. Absolutely embarrassing and telling how much consideration they have for their "loyal" customer base.

Like the OP, I have sent an email and will wait.

Last edited:

ahfunaki

TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI Premium
I just sent an email. What can it hurt.

I haven't done anything but submit my info so far. No calls or anything but I'm starting to get impatient.

Have been stuck since October 31st...

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat as you and have been following this forum obsessively, but I'm not too worked up. Soon they're going to get to us. Meanwhile, my wife's happy in her new car, and equally happy to be out of her Passat, which she never really liked. We'll continue to make an extra car payment until VW gets its house in order, and most of that money comes right back to us.
On the other hand, I was thinking today that if so many owners weren't so wound up about this, ranting online and calling the claims hotline daily, then maybe the delays would be deemed "ok" and this process would really drag out. So from that standpoint... I offer my thanks?
But between me and you, it'll happen when it happens.
Kind of in the same boat. Parked the TDI in the garage and got a great deal on a loaded Hyundai Sonata. Quieter with much better electronics than the TDI. It will happen when it happens.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I was originally going to drive on non-inspection-worthy tires because my inspection and registration renewal isn't due until the end of February, and I figured the buyback would certainly be completed by then.

Well, I just ordered a pair of used tires and scheduled my inspection appointment because at this point I have to assume I'll be driving this damn thing until sometime in the middle of Trump's third term.

The main problem I have is that with absolutely no status I have to guess when to order another vehicle, because the one I want is in particularly high demand. It takes 4-6 weeks, and that's after one appears in their allocations. I've already lost out on one, because I only gave a month of cushion on top of what VW originally presented as the buyback timeline. Silly me.

Layne12gun

TDI
2014 Passat
Don't know about the rest of you. But since i have had no luck with VW. I'm exploring my states " Lemon Law statutes. " Most state's have them. Our says once a car company has not successfully satisfied a claim for either replacement or repairs to a vehicle with mechanical problems then you can proceed with an individual State Law Suit. I have already sent my first registered letter. Maybe we tie VW up in State Suits and cost them even more money. !! What a bunch of putz's

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
FWIW, my initial round of submitted documents were approved this morning after resubmitting on Nov. 9th. So it is moving forward...good thing come to those who wait. ;)

DancingDiesel

TDI
2011 JSW DSG
We have situation where we cannot just go buy a different car. Other car is an Audi TT which is stored all winter= getting harder for the almost 79 yo DH to get in and out of now. Thought of trading TT in but it doesn not really help me get the Volvo I think we are leaning toward buying. I do not want to drive my JSW (well I DO..and want to keep it but....) we are in deer country, waiting for snow and Murphy to hit. My docs are stuck too- and a big mess due to the estate.
And, do NOT believe a thing the sub minimum wage people on the VW line tell you. Different stories. I was told by one she wants it to drag out because her "job is gone with this is done"
Want to get another car. Yesterday.
Looking to March or April before we will be able to do so the way this is all panning out.

chasingleprechauns

TDI
2014 Passat, 2014 Jetta
We are in the same boat. We uploaded docs in September and both cars were approved 10/24 and 10/25, respectively, for our Passat and Jetta. I got the offer letter (the one you get notarized) on 11/22. It was uploaded the same day and we got our turn-in appointment today. However, the Jetta remains in limbo. I spoke to Marissa Oh last week. She's wonderful and genuinely concerned but, unfortunately, didn't have a lot of information to pass. Her firm is genuinely interested in hearing stores from customers because they are keeping track to pass along to Judge Breyer. I'm going to email her again Monday of our Jetta doesn't get an offer - but I'm afraid it will be for naught. We already replaced the Passat and will have just one month of double payments. Both cars remained parked ...

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
My docs have been approved for almost 3 weeks, I have already bought a Mazda CX3 to replace the 11 Golf since I had to get one shipped from Miami to here in CT and there was only 2 from here to Texas with the color/options so now I'm paying Insurance, reg and tax on the Mazda that I"m not even driving for another 2000 miles that I can drive the Golf. I'd turn the golf in anytime I can. Then I have to work on replacing my wifes 14 Passat but it's a PITA having all this money tied up and no money from VW yet :mad:

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
Emailed class council at 9 am, received offer by 11am. Now that's service!
Can I ask who you e-mailed. All I've done is upload all my docs and they are approved but have been for probably 15 business days

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My docs have been approved for almost 3 weeks, I have already bought a Mazda CX3 to replace the 11 Golf since I had to get one shipped from Miami to here in CT and there was only 2 from here to Texas with the color/options so now I'm paying Insurance, reg and tax on the Mazda that I"m not even driving for another 2000 miles that I can drive the Golf. I'd turn the golf in anytime I can. Then I have to work on replacing my wifes 14 Passat but it's a PITA having all this money tied up and no money from VW yet :mad:
we are not being compensated for this sort of vw poo

cost of getting another ride (at the right price-color-etc) should be directly addressed in the settlement

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
Mine docs were approved on 10/27. I called in mid November and was told I'd have my offer on 11/28. I called back on 11/29 and was told the documents were with auditor since 11/05.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Emailed class council at 9 am, received offer by 11am. Now that's service!
Can I ask who you e-mailed. All I've done is upload all my docs and they are approved but have been for probably 15 business days
I have to assume this is pure coincidence.

Althoug if VW was devious, they'd find a way to focus on spreadsheet participants and forum members in general to hold up as a shining start: "See judge, the spreadsheet is nearly 100% and everyone online seems pleased with our progress."

TdiSandiego

TDI
2009 sportwagen, 2012 jetta tdi
I called friday and talked to a guy on the hotline and he said there is no longer any timeline and I would get an offer when I get an offer. He said they are very overwhelmed by the amount of people doing the buyback. Kinda what we all already know but first time anyone at the hotline said that. He was a nice guy and seemed like he was straight shooting.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I called friday and talked to a guy on the hotline and he said there is no longer any timeline and I would get an offer when I get an offer. He said they are very overwhelmed by the amount of people doing the buyback. Kinda what we all already know but first time anyone at the hotline said that. He was a nice guy and seemed like he was straight shooting.

and the waiting for the $$$$s carries no interest

if you owed vw finance for a normal payment ~~ and were late ~~ penalties and interest for THEM

Andrew7035

TDI
Tdi GSW SEL
I have had documents uploaded since 10/25 and received no correspondence of docs not being accepted and on the claims site it still says "received and under review" I emailed the info@ email and will see what happens.

I lease so the longer they drag it out the more money they are getting from me.

MVJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
I've been waiting since Nov 22nd when I received the email saying that all my paperwork necessary. I thought they had within 10 business days to get back an offer to you.

MVJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
I was looking forward to a nice Christmas! Oh well. I like my new to me G35s. Makes the Jetta sedan seem so cheap in comparison.

theseus12

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I really don't think it will do any good but I did email the class counsel my complaint. Documents approved on Nov 2nd and I am on day 20 of waiting for my offer.

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
I sent an email too. I called claims today and they're clueless. My docs have been approved since 10/27. And last week they told me they're with the outside auditor since 11/05. The call before that was "you will have an offer on11/28."
They're saying what everyone get off the phone. And couldn't careless they agreed to dates in the class action.