TDI Claims Portal

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I got my modification payment final letter today, looks like they pay me in 2 steps- I will copy and past the PDF as soon as I'm home.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
BIL is in the same boat as several here. Submitted all qualifying documents 4 weeks ago, receiving approval, now awaiting final doc request: notarized doc, etc. The last communication from VWoA stated the process had a "3rd party" involved.

He has a loan on his car.

DO ALL OF YOU WITH DELAYED SETTLEMENTS HAVE LOANS ON YOUR CARS, AND IS THE "3RD PARTY" REFERRING TO YOUR LOAN AGENCY?

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
What I don't understand is why people have parked their cars, in some cases for months. Or taken the additional step of purchasing another car with no actual verifiable timeline in place. At this point I can't wait to return this Passat, but it is a perfectly functioning automobile.

Aja1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
My car is paid for and I have not heard back in two weeks since submitting my notarized claim agreement. My claims portal doesn't say anything about a third party.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
What I don't understand is why people have parked their cars, in some cases for months. Or taken the additional step of purchasing another car with no actual verifiable timeline in place. At this point I can't wait to return this Passat, but it is a perfectly functioning automobile.
Mainly because of the requirement of the car being driven to the buyback location under its own power. You can't have it towed in, so no engine or collision damage that makes it un-driveable. There's a far too large difference between what my insurance will pay me if the car is totaled vs. what VW is going to pay me. By not driving it, the chance of collision is greatly reduced :p

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
Mine is not a perfectly functioning automobile. With 86K miles on it, I have a leaking water pump, the NOx sensor is bad and I am getting a "200 mile to no start" adblue warning. Dealer is guessing I am looking at about $2200 in repairs... not happening.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine is not a perfectly functioning automobile. With 86K miles on it, I have a leaking water pump, the NOx sensor is bad and I am getting a "200 mile to no start" adblue warning. Dealer is guessing I am looking at about $2200 in repairs... not happening.
its this that makes vw look bad when japan made throw away economy box cars are busting 100k and even 200k when maintained properly without a single penny in repairs :(

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
My car is paid for and I have not heard back in two weeks since submitting my notarized claim agreement. My claims portal doesn't say anything about a third party.
If you watch the video that explains the process, the third party is clearly listed as a step.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
its this that makes vw look bad when japan made throw away economy box cars are busting 100k and even 200k when maintained properly without a single penny in repairs :(
I have 290K miles on my 02 Golf, timing belts, brake pads, tires, repaired broken wire to alternator and a battery are about the only things I have done to it. I was hoping the Passat would be just as reliable but that has been far from the case.

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
Same here. I'm now past my "10 business day" guarantee and still no response. I'm beyond aggravated with the process. Mine has been parked since April. Want this over with now.
I'm not having too much faith in the process. I received the 10 business day message at the beginning of the month. Now my status has changed to:

"We have reviewed all of your documents. Currently, your application contains all the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the Settlement Claims Program and, if applicable, will provide you with a final offer".

My document status still says Complete.

Of course the help line is helpless, and said I could hear something in three days or it may take as many as 20 days....

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
By not driving it, the chance of collision is greatly reduced :p
No guarantees by parking it! A member here had his Passat parked at his house and a drunk driver in a SUV left the road striking the Passat - true story! Result - one totaled Passat which would not start / undriveable. And if car is in the garage and a fire starts chance car can be burned to a total crisp. Might as well drive it and enjoy it provided there are no continuing major issues with car not covered under warranty. In other words - drive more, worry less! ;)

razorrod

TDI
Passat SEL
Any words on engine modification/upgrade to fit under EPA requirements?

I have decided to keep car, leave for the kids. I'm not going to get any better car for same money anyway.

Bang!

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I'm returning my this Friday Dec 2nd. I'll post back with details about how it goes.

As an FYI to those still waiting to hear from VW... go check the claims portal to see if your status changed. Mine did even though I never received a notice. Also, search around all the dealers when your making your appointment. The dealers near me are only doing appointments one day a week and which day varies from dealer to dealer.

razorrod

TDI
Passat SEL
When check is coming? Is it right after appointment or before it?

I'm returning my this Friday Dec 2nd. I'll post back with details about how it goes.

As an FYI to those still waiting to hear from VW... go check the claims portal to see if your status changed. Mine did even though I never received a notice. Also, search around all the dealers when your making your appointment. The dealers near me are only doing appointments one day a week and which day varies from dealer to dealer.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG

Definitely curious how this goes. One day a week hardly seems efficient but I guess that's par for the course with VW on this. Not a priority for them..

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I would be very surprised if VWoA is only processing cars one day per week at all dealerhsips. No doubt the time allotted is based on TDI ownership regional density.

Given the penalties involved for delaying the process, I sincerely doubt it's, "...Not a priority for them..."

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
I would be very surprised if VWoA is only processing cars one day per week at all dealerships. No doubt the time allotted is based on TDI ownership regional density.
Given the penalties involved for delaying the process, I sincerely doubt it's, "...Not a priority for them..."
My local dealer is a small dealership and is only processing buybacks on Friday afternoons. Which sucks as my wife only has Mondays off from work to pick me up at the dealership, which is 65 miles from my house.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
Unless you own a 2015 with a faulty adblue system..........

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Lucky for you. Mine has had 5 $1k plus repairs, all done under warranty. I didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of another issue, in addition to losing money for miles driven.

After I receive the buyback payout(s), I'll pay off the loans on the new cars. The entire process is costing me a few hundred dollars, upgraded both cars (NMS Passat (59k miles) to Avalon Limited Hybrid (12k miles), JSW (108k miles) to CMaxSEL(40k miles).

YMMV.

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I submitted info forever ago on portal with tentative buyback date Nov 1. Got email Nov 1 about 10 days (Lie), not a word from VW since. Portal is still on Step 15. Have a "VW Credit" Loan 0 for 72, not sure why this is so hard. Bought a GMC in Sept to replace VW, temp tag expired Oct 9. Missouri DMV wants money, Too Bad (They dont care about this Historic settlement- 30 days to title PERIOD) they sent me 2 letters. Will pay $25.00 title penalty each month till this hassle is over. Hope to get a document from VW to use as trade in on Sales tax for GMC. At this rate, January 1 will probably still have the VW so will have to declare it on 2017 county Personal Property taxes. :mad:

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
These are factory buy backs and can't be used as trade in, at least in MN.
Unless something changed, should be two seperate deals and full tax on new ride. Sorry, I just bit the bullet on a new car and had to pay full tax....ugh

If you find out different please post up. Would love to go get some money back...:(

maniago

TDI
'13 Passat TDI 1/2SE-1/2SEL DSG
Maybe this got covered already but I tried to upload the two docs they wanted - notary and the letter and the site would only take one before moving on to final verification....which of course is wrong. I guess I could fax it all instead but I'm sure that would confuse them.

Anyone else have this upload issue? I didnt have this problem with the registration etal submission.....

--------------
Well I just went back in to try to fax, but no joy - it wont let me back to the upload/fax point of the program so I guess I have to wait for the "youre a dummy - upload your letter" email.....

Last edited:

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
I'm still waiting for them to provide me the final offer on my two cars. Since it's now Dec 1, they have passed the requirement of 20 business days significantly. Not sure I want to deal with their phone support again, but looks like I may have to. I'm getting very annoyed...

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
My offer is sitting on my desk, I'm still trying to figure out when and how to get it notarized with me working 8am to 8pm 6 days a week- not bankers hours for sure! maybe we should open a thread on hiring fellow tdi club members ;) I'm Ready for something else:cool:

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
I'm still waiting for them to provide me the final offer on my two cars. Since it's now Dec 1, they have passed the requirement of 20 business days significantly. Not sure I want to deal with their phone support again, but looks like I may have to. I'm getting very annoyed...
Does calling actually move you up on the pile? Or is it a "pound of flesh" thing?

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
I sent an email also, a polite one just identifying lack of communication with this process.
I hope he can get them to update customers in some fashion, waiting 30 days with not a single communication seams excessive.

forkliter

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Anyone with a lease?

Has anyone that leased a car broken through the process yet and been paid out?