HELP! Retrieve SKC

srt-kapp

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI & 03' Jetta TDI
HELP! P0341 Cam sensor Implausible Signal

Update I need help with PO341 Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal. I have replaced the cam sensor with 2 different ones now( both brand new), traced down all the wires nothing (broken or damaged), checked and cleaned all the grounds ,tested the wires at the sensor , even replaced the ECU. The timing is on at the cam also. I'm completely out of ideas and I'm trying to see if anyone else has experienced this before. Thank you

Hello, i have a 2005.5 MKV Jetta TDI
i need to retrieve the SKC or ( PIN ) i have vag tacho 5 but cannot get that to work for me.
What program or tool do you guys use to retrieve the SKC
Thanks

Last edited:

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
Vag tacho or the dealer

It should work...Did you buy a Chinese knockoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srt-kapp

TDI
No i have a real version of Vag tacho 5. I saw there is another tool called Super Vag Plus but i'm not sure if that will work for the CAN vehicles

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm
Any fault codes- ie: no comms with modules?

srt-kapp

TDI
I have a cam sensor code p0341 but that only comes on when the vehicle is running. I have power to the connector and ground. i've even replaced the sensor twice I checked all the grounds and even went and traced the whole harness down looking for a break. The timing is right at cam. I truly believe the ECU is bad

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
If you don’t see a reference signal on any of your sensors ( key in the on position) this could confirm a bad ECU

srt-kapp

TDI
The CEL does illuminate Key on engine off but does not come on when running/driving. That's kinda what tipped me off to think the ECU is Bad. I have a used ECU all ready to go but need the SKC from the original part so i can transfer the new used one over

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I don't think that VAG Tacho will work on a 2005.5. Dealer, or find a tuner who can do an immo delete.

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't think that VAG Tacho will work on a 2005.5. Dealer, or find a tuner who can do an immo delete.
it should... MY 2003-2007 : http://www.maltchev.com/kiti/guide.htm

OP, you might have missed a step, or did not have the correct dash selected on the drop down menu.

Switch ON ignition with the new key. Be sure that the type of transponder key is correct, use TP23 for VW, TP25 for Audi, TP22 for Seat, TP24 for Skoda! Start software, select "VDO NEW - CAN bus" from menu. Press "Connect Selected ECU" button, after 5 seconds the data of the dash will be shown on screen. Press "Program New Key", software will open a new window. See the picture.
Unsupported dash? Click here for Help!

Check "Erase all old keys" if you wish. In this case all keys will be erased. If you left this unchecked, the new key will be added to the existing keys. No need to program all available keys again. Press "Continue" , the new key will be programmed in 5 seconds. Wait while the immobiliser's warning lamp is turned off. Turn off/on ignition, and start engine. If the immobiliser's warning lamp starts flashing faster, this means that the type of the transponder key is not correct, or this key is already programmed to the car! Do NOT repeat the programming procedure if immobiliser's warning lamp is flashing faster! Just switch ON ignition with right type TP2x transponder key! If you want to program more than one new key, repeat again the same procedure from the beginning for every next key.

According to the website, there are some dashes that are unsupported (you'll see a "Seed key-OK" warning) Unlucky, if this is you :(

srt-kapp

TDI
I'll have to look at that again and give that a try. I did purchase Super Vag K+CAN so hopefully that will work for me

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
If that doesn't work, call the independents and locksmiths. If they have the Autel IM608 they can direct read the ecu pins if you carry them in. Or OBD read the existing one in the car if needed.

you will need both SKC's if you have to use VCDS, which you sometime do.

srt-kapp

TDI
I successfully used Super Vag to retrieve the pin and adatped the used ECU to my car. Unfortunately that did not fix my running concern. I still have the
6725/P0341/000833 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal

The CEL still does not illuminate when running. You can unplug multiple sensor trying to trigger the light and still no success. I feel like i still have a wiring issue. When it starts it starts easy there is just an extended crank. Also it runs well with no smoke from unburnt fuel or timing being off. I'm at a loss right now on this car and not sure what to do next