Key PIN retrieve

redneckpunk

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Maybe this is the wrong thread for this, but I am hoping to find some help with what always seems to be a dead end. I have a 2005 Jetta TDI, and due to a string of stupid events I lost the only key I had for it. I recently Purchased 2 new keys from a dealership. I own a VCDS but am trying to find if there is a way to retrieve the key PIN since the nearest dealership is just over 100 miles, and i don't want to trailer it that far if I can help it. (Of course they offered to come get it and haul it there for a fee)

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
You will ned to buy or find someone near you who has a VAG Tacho cable and software to retrieve the SKC from the cluster.

redneckpunk

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Ok, but as I have researched different VAG Tacho, most claim to be able to retrieve SKC up to 2004 can anyone recommend a tool (preferably one that doesn't cost more than the car) that will work on a 2005? (I believe it is IMMO 4?) I have already bought a tool that didn't work.

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006

redneckpunk

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
You have Immo 3 system.
Ok, thanks! That is good to know. So back to the question, any recommendations for a tool that will work? Is there something you, or Kerwintdi could do if I mailed ECU? not sure I am ready to immo delete just yet tho.

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
You will have to power on ignition somehow if you don't have the key, if you were to use a VAG Tacho or similar.

Options are to take off the plastics at the steering column, and remove the ignition switch and turn it to power on the car to run (engine off). Then the tools should let you read.

If you have a new cut key, and just need to add the chip to IMMO, then it's easier.