"new old stock" inventory of 2015's - how many are left?

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
whatcha hear ?

Lets bring back the CPOs already !

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I got called this morning on one I was interested in, so some are still available. They wouldn't come off the price though.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I don't think they're gone. My local guru went to two dealers over the weekend to look for the ones he wants, and I think he located at least one (Silk blue GSW SEL with lighting). Also has a line on a black on black Passat SEL.

The manual transmission cars may be gone, however.

kltk1

TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Not sure what model you're looking for, I know there are a lot of Jetta Sedan and Passat's still around.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Slim pickings...

Doing a search on cars.com within 250 miles of Minneapolis yields 35 TDIs, all DSGs. Couple weeks ago the same search would have produced hundreds. So the pickings are gettin' slim, but I wouldn't give up!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
When we picked up the '15, local dealer said they had 30 or so out of 100+ they had for offer. Prob mostly Jettas and Passats.

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M RIP, 2015 GSW SE TDI 6M, 2015 Q7 TDI
Yeah, there are still cars out there. If you are looking for a Jetta with DSG you should be able to find one no problem. Those of us who were looking for GSW with manual transmissions had to act fast. I called 20+ dealers to find one that wasn't black or white or an S model. In the end, I got what I wanted for a fair price, but had to travel 80 miles or so Saturday to pick it up. Of course, 2 days later the dealer that's 2 miles away calls me and says they had someone back out of a car I looked at with them, silver GSW 6M SE. But they are idiots there, so no big deal.

When I was calling around, it amazed me how many dealers were clueless or did not respond.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the car so far, it feels like a luxury European sedan, so smooth and quiet. It's a big improvement over my 2010 Golf. I took a bit of a hit trading in a 2017 Mini Clubman, but not bad at all considering.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
MK7 is a whole new ride compared to the glossed over MK5 that was the MK6.

Such night and day driving the jetta and the alltrack