FIX approved!!!!!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
^ It only applies to any cars short of the 85% buyback-or-fix threshold.

A pretty good percentage of owners have already submitted paperwork. Between that, and people who will jump in at the last minute, and the people who throw out all their mail BUT have their car serviced at the dealership who will surely take the initiative to tell them the next time they have the car in the shop, and other techniques such as buying up unfixed cars that are offered for sale on the open market (by people who are living under a rock) and fixing them, I think they will reach that target.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
^ It only applies to any cars short of the 85% buyback-or-fix threshold.

A pretty good percentage of owners have already submitted paperwork. Between that, and people who will jump in at the last minute, and the people who throw out all their mail BUT have their car serviced at the dealership who will surely take the initiative to tell them the next time they have the car in the shop, and other techniques such as buying up unfixed cars that are offered for sale on the open market (by people who are living under a rock) and fixing them, I think they will reach that target.
Many of us are watching and waiting....
No rush...
I have a 2015....Even though they started buying back cars, I wanted to wait till the fix became available....Then make an INFORMED CHOICE. Many folks just jumped to sell.
Knowing there is a killer extended warrenty on all the $$ items make my choice harder....It means that for 10+ years, the most $$ systems are fixed for free....And if sales of the "new "2015 cars are strong....Might be a decent resalve market.
I figure...Get my $$, have good warrenty, and planning on driving it for years....But if I do sell...Sounds like there are so.e folks that want/need a 50 mpg car. Let's face it, the 2015 motor is a great running motors....Great MPG (even with a DSG in my car).. comfortable... Fairly quiet due to low rpms, and great on hills....
Selling it would end the chapter....But not so sure the book is written.. It's the a great small car. Hard for me to justify from other than an emotional standpoint getting rid of it.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Does anyone know if the "fix" WARRANTY

Does anyone know if the "fix" WARRANTY is transferable to the next owner?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
VW has to remove from the roads or fix 85% of the offending TDIs by the end of 2018. If we're getting close to that date and VW is in danger of missing that quota, they may up their $$$ offered for a buyback or fix. There is nothing stopping VW from improving the offer, provided they don't try to incent owners into a "fix" rather than a buyback.
Hope you are correct

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes it is. I read it goes with the car
Thanks funguy :)

For the last weeks I have been looking to sell back ~~ $25,275.53 is a load of $$$

But the car is paid for ~~ and the "fix" amount is about $6,500

And my Golf has only a few miles ~~ and with the transferable warranty, it should hold its' value.

I just checked NADA and KBB ~~ and my particular car is doing well enough.

If (when) the time come to give up driving ~~ the ol' buggy will bring a nice price off my curb sale ~ me thinks :D

The only thing my car needs is a light tint

Last edited:

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Your welcome!
I'm with you, at least today, tomorrow who knows. I've been racking my brain over what I'd replace my Passat with. I just can't get past the EASY 700 mile cruise range, the low rpms need to go over the rockies, the huge trunk, quiet, even that all four windows go all the way up AND all the way down with one touch. Now with that warranty and about $5700 I think I will stick with the car.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Yes it is. I read it goes with the car
From Appendix B of the Consent Decree

The warranty period for the Extended Emissions
Warranty shall be both:
i.For Generation 1 and 2, 10 years or 120,000 actual miles whichever comes
first; for Generation 3, 10 years or 150,000 actual miles whichever comes first;
and
ii.4 years or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first,
from date and mileage ofimplementing the Emissions Modification,
except for vehicles offered for resale, in which case, from the date and mileage of the first resale transaction after the modification to
the first person who in good faith purchases the vehicle for purposes other than resale

If I am reading this correctly, the warranty is only transferable for the first resale of the car.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
From Appendix B of the Consent Decree

The warranty period for the Extended Emissions
Warranty shall be both:
i.For Generation 1 and 2, 10 years or 120,000 actual miles whichever comes
first; for Generation 3, 10 years or 150,000 actual miles whichever comes first;
and
ii.4 years or 48,000 miles, whichever comes first,
from date and mileage ofimplementing the Emissions Modification,
except for vehicles offered for resale, in which case, from the date and mileage of the first resale transaction after the modification to
the first person who in good faith purchases the vehicle for purposes other than resale

If I am reading this correctly, the warranty is only transferable for the first resale of the car.
All good enough for me:)

Thanks

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
No; that date of "first resale transaction after the modification to the first person who ... purchses the vehicle for purposes other than resale" is only to establish the date and odometer reading at which said warranty starts. Read carefully, it's not easy to understand.

If VW owns the vehicle (previously bought back) and a dealer buys it, does the fix, then sells it at auction and another used car dealer buys it and sits on it for three months then sells it to another used car dealer across town who sits on it for two months until finally a private individual shows up and buys the car and puts a license plate on it ... THAT is when the warranty starts. Not months earlier when the original dealer did the fix to it.

The document that VW themselves produced, states that the warranty is fully transferable.

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
If I could find the '15 I want I'd pay MSRP for it. Doesn't matter to me if it's two years old, as long as it's in new condition. By the time I got around to selling it the model year will be irrelevant.
I have a contact at the local dealer that told me all their "new" 2015 TDI's have 200-300 miles on them as they were driven to keep them up. Not sure I'd want to pay MSRP for a car that's probably been excessively idled and driven short distances many times by a lot attendant. But, might be your last chance for a new TDI I guess.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No; that date of "first resale transaction after the modification to the first person who ... purchses the vehicle for purposes other than resale" is only to establish the date and odometer reading at which said warranty starts. Read carefully, it's not easy to understand.

If VW owns the vehicle (previously bought back) and a dealer buys it, does the fix, then sells it at auction and another used car dealer buys it and sits on it for three months then sells it to another used car dealer across town who sits on it for two months until finally a private individual shows up and buys the car and puts a license plate on it ... THAT is when the warranty starts. Not months earlier when the original dealer did the fix to it.

The document that VW themselves produced, states that the warranty is fully transferable.
Hi Gofaster ~~ Question please:)

I bought the 2015 TDI Golf nre in 2015

If I get the "fix" and the "fix" $$$$s ~~ 6K ?

Then in a few years I want (or need) to sell it Whats the situation for my buyer. You know I will sell it "ON THE CURB"

Will he-she get any warranty?

In about 2-3 years I guess the car will only have about 10-15 K miles.

Thanks

Texas-Rebel

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
Ok so the fix or 2015 has been approved.. How long before it actually gets sent to all dealerships and all `Stop Sale' TDIs are upgraded??? 3, 6, 9+ months??

I kinda need to expedite in getting into something new soon to avoid running up more mileage on my 2009 Jetta TDI with 160K miles..

Think I'm going to take whatever I get in $$$$, go buy as many BitCoins I can, wait for the next rally of $1100+ and then sell them to make more $$$$ for larger down payment..

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
Ok so the fix or 2015 has been approved.. How long before it actually gets sent to all dealerships and all `Stop Sale' TDIs are upgraded??? 3, 6, 9+ months??

I kinda need to expedite in getting into something new soon to avoid running up more mileage on my 2009 Jetta TDI with 160K miles..

Think I'm going to take whatever I get in $$$$, go buy as many BitCoins I can, wait for the next rally of $1100+ and then sell them to make more $$$$ for larger down payment..
Bought some when it fell from 1000 to 300+ a couple of years ago.

Should have bought more.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
At the moment only the software part of the fix is available. The hardware won't be for the better part of a year, and I suspect the held-back 2015s will be held back until they are FULLY compliant with the letter of the law. (It isn't even clear if "the fix" actually accomplishes this!) By that time, these will be 3 year old cars.

MSRP for a 3 year old car would be insane ... and that goes for both sides of the transaction.

tvmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Yes, but you only have to read this forum to see that there are a lot of people who intend to turn in their cars eventually, but only after they get their full two years of "depreciation free" ownership.

In other words, there will be a lot of people on the last train out of the station.
but if 'depreciation-free' use results in a $3500 DPF repair (75% likely), then is it worth it to play with fire?

Galo

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta 6mt, Malone Stage I, Goals
As for my self ~~ Got nothing but time:)
Same here...
108k miles, now driving 12k miles a year....still a year away from losing my DPF and HPFP warranty and a good 21k miles away from a timing belt -assuming I change it at a reasonably safe 130k miles.....I can wait. And will.

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
but if 'depreciation-free' use results in a $3500 DPF repair (75% likely), then is it worth it to play with fire?

DPF failure is not going to make your car inoperable overnight. HPFP could, but that is low probability and even if it happened that can be repaired well enough on the cheap to allow you to get it to the dealer for a buy back. It isn't as big a risk as people are seeing it to keep your car depreciation free until the end of 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
At the moment only the software part of the fix is available. The hardware won't be for the better part of a year, and I suspect the held-back 2015s will be held back until they are FULLY compliant with the letter of the law. (It isn't even clear if "the fix" actually accomplishes this!) By that time, these will be 3 year old cars.
MSRP for a 3 year old car would be insane ... and that goes for both sides of the transaction.

If my 2000 Golf was sitting "brand new" on a dealer's lot right now for its original MSRP, I'd happily buy it. Heck, same for my '91 Jetta for that matter. Insanity? Yep. Happy? Absolutely. :)

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
If my 2000 Golf was sitting "brand new" on a dealer's lot right now for its original MSRP, I'd happily buy it. Heck, same for my '91 Jetta for that matter. Insanity? Yep. Happy? Absolutely. :)
The things I would do for a brand new Mk4/ALH.... :( I'm starting to sound like my old man.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Are you really suggesting that three out of four owners of affected TDIs would have a DPF failure within the next 18 months, if they kept their cars? If so, you might want to check your grasp on reality, because it seems to be slipping.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Friend of mine is going to snag a '15 GSW. I'd happily pay MSRP for that car if I could get my '02 Jetta Wagon again. No question.

party_wagon

TDI
Gen one 2.0
Are there any signs of audi//vw doing a full blown service package for these cars? timing belt, water pump, brakes, tires, shocks, and ect? The financial numbers do not add up for me to keep the car at all. With timing belt, water pump, brakes, tires, and shocks needing replacing soon. Plus if you add in the hpfp issues and the dsg issues it would completely eat up the entire refund.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Insane X 10

..... but there is an ol' saying

There is a butt for every seat

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Most of us are getting a good deal

First I was upset with dieslgate

Now I am just having a nice time trying to figure out my final decision

Buy back $25,275.53 ?

"fix" $6 K (+)

When?

I have checked with NADA and KBB ~~ Used vw TDIs are holding up price wise:rolleyes: