Here's your stripped car test case folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyCityMPGz

TDI
2010 GOLF 2D DSG
I'm not sure that is entirely true. It seems like its a bit of luck and situationally dependent. Some get through quick, and some, like myself are stuck in purgatory.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
If luck is defined as being able to follow instructions clearly and upload the correct documents the first time.

I followed instructions clearly and uploaded the correct documents over three months ago. Clear title. Still waiting for an offer. Not sure if you're trolling or just pitifully ignorant.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Certainly some get through quickly, and equally certainly some people have submitted incorrect or illegible documents, causing delays for themselves. We all know that. What's either trolling or ignorant is your implication that all, or even most, of the delays are our own fault.

TDI2017

Banned
TDI
2014 Golf
Many of the delays, as people have admitted to on this forum, are their own fault for not following instructions correctly.

Some people claiming delays through no fault of their own are not being 100% truthful.

And yes, some have completed the steps correctly and are facing delays.

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
....Some people claiming delays through no fault of their own are not being 100% truthful.....
Comments like these are bristling and serve little purpose without supporting evidence.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
And I would guess at 6:30 the "supervisors" are at happy hour!

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Many of the delays, as people have admitted to on this forum, are their own fault for not following instructions correctly.

Some people claiming delays through no fault of their own are not being 100% truthful.

And yes, some have completed the steps correctly and are facing delays.
It took me five weeks from my documents being accepted until my offer letter was received. Two days to approve offer letter and it was a month out for the earliest buy back appointment. I did everything correctly. So basically it is a 2 1/2 month process for people with VW credit.

I think people with non-VW credit financing are facing greater delays then me. People with no loans were quicker.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
The irony of this is that the stripped car will get the best mpg and be the fastest it's ever been on the way to its own death...

With respect to the delays, there is no rhyme or reason. I'm over three months in since initial document submission with clear title and correctly filled out forms with nary an offer.

sriracha

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon 5mt, 1982 Rabbit truck (gas)
I'm surprised that someone has that much free time and storage space to strip the car and store the parts.

Sure, VW screwed the pooch on dieselgate, but the entire thing is way blown out of proportion. I see it as corporate sabotage. Why aren't we hearing about the newly discovered cheaters, GM, Ram, Fiat/Chriysler/Jeep, the way we did about VW?

Obviously, people are free to strip and sabotage the car, but it just seems like a waste of energy on your part and ultimately is more harmful to the environment. I mean, isn't the environment what this is all about? What about your kiiiidddzzz????

85YotaMan

TDI
2011 JSW Manual - 99 Cummins! - 98 Beetle 5 speed (sold)

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Do two hypotheticals make a reality?
Thinking through hypothetical situations reduces the likelihood of nasty surprises. Most people dislike nasty surprises.

Otherwise known as strategic planning.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I'm surprised that someone has that much free time and storage space to strip the car and store the parts.
I suspect that the guy isn't married. I can just imagine why my wife would have to say if she found out that I was going to spend a whole day stripping a car like this :eek:.

euro2fast4u

TDI
'14 JSW Tdi
I suspect that the guy isn't married. I can just imagine why my wife would have to say if she found out that I was going to spend a whole day stripping a car like this :eek:.
for what he did, bet it was less then 3 hours.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
Eager for the precedence Joe's car will set. I bet $1 that he will get rejected. He can go back and complain to the court but I doubt the judge will be interested in any redefinition of the settlement terms. I think the buyback rep can say you brought a shell, not a car.

Stool Sample

TDI
2010 Jetta - manual
at my turn in yesterday I saw the girl looking for my owners manual. she also definitely wanted both my key fobs and took pictures of the front back and both sides. I asked her about all this and she said that they could deduct money from the buyback and condition of the car did matter. just sayin. took them 15 minutes to complete the buyback and an hour to get the rusted tag bolts off the rear tag. take your own tags off before you go. last post. great site. thanks for all the info from the knowledgeable people that post here. let the flaming begin! so long...

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
All comes down to definition of terms. In my world (industrial equipment) stuff isn't the equivalent of "operable" unless it meets code. Half arse butcher jobs with rats nest electrical panels get a "nope".

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Simulposting. If someone gets a deduction for not having a spare key they have every right to complain, because that is not a condition for a car to be operable.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
This dude went all out! I'm impressed!
Mine goes back today at 6:00pm. I've already removed all my Whiteline suspension components, car now has no sway-bars haha. I mounted up bald mis-matched tires because mine were brand new. Also removed stereo, all weather floor mats, trunk mat and trunk cover.
I'm getting off work early to remove the entire custom Golf-R front-end... I can't let this sexy hard work go to the junkyard... Should be able to sell it to someone or buy a wrecked car to fix.
This is how she sit's right now.
IMG_8877 by Mr. Smith, on Flickr
You have great taste in cars! I love the old Toyota in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.