Dieselgate - Post Oct 18 Court Hearing

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Why is there a stipulation regarding the buyback if you hit 75,000 miles?
He's just referring to dropping into the next mileage adjustment tier. Higher tier, less buyback. I am around 134k and would like to not hit the 135k tier.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
The sense of entitlement in some folks is border line with stupidity. VW is giving so much money to everyone and yet we hear these comments make me wonder if some people have really lost it. Yep, they did wrong but they will be spending helluva lot money just to make mends with environment and not to mention about all the other settlements they are making with owners, lawyers, leasees, and dealers.
Go plant a tree or something yourself rather than wasting everyones time.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
There is a mileage adjustment baked into the settlement. don't exceed 1024mi/m and you essential can continue driving until you sell it back with no lose of restitution money. Exceed that amount, and there is a mileage adjustment

IFRCFI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
Anyone that would actually take a day off work to go in for this would be worth watching/listening to.
Betting that tadawson is there arguing on the behalf of Volkswagen.

"Please Judge, don't make them pay. Their gift to humanity of diesel powered cars is payment enough......".

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
12th - several objections. Additional options bought not considered, settlement too small based on violations. Also having to pay for continued registration, etc. Wants full reimbursement.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
The sense of entitlement in some folks is border line with stupidity. VW is giving so much money to everyone and yet we hear these comments make me wonder if some people have really lost it. Yep, they did wrong but they will be spending helluva lot money just to make mends with environment and not to mention about all the other settlements they are making with owners, lawyers, leasees, and dealers.

Sad part, is this is just phase 1 of the money bilking. Now over 17 states have filed criminal charges against VW. There is actual discussion how much they can get from VW without bankrupting the company.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/miss...over-diesel-emissions-221159907--finance.html

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
13th wants judge to remove the clause that allows VW to recover the money. Those funds should go back to all class members.

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
granted that my situation is different than others, but..... I drove a car for 5 years and I am getting 80% of the original cost of the car!! I will never understand why people think that they are entitled to everything.

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
14th - thousands of people will die worldwide - should not control the reversion fund.

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
15th - Value should not be trade in! Clean retail instead. Also, average mileage for TDI drivers is not 12,500 per year. It should be much higher.

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
granted that my situation is different than others, but..... I drove a car for 5 years and I am getting 80% of the original cost of the car!! I will never understand why people think that they are entitled to everything.
In some cases, more than "everything"...

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
The settlement is a done deal...

And none of the major players wants to delay or undo it. My bet is that the whiners get a "special master" to whine about their "special situation" too in hopes of getting more $$$.

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
The mileage adjustment is so far the only point that I agree with. These vehicles do seem to have a higher average mileage. Though it could also be said that those who have driven that much have already received that value through the miles.

wbclassics

TDI
No TDI - VW Bought it Back (Dec 4th 2017)
15th - Value should not be trade in! Clean retail instead. Also, average mileage for TDI drivers is not 12,500 per year. It should be much higher.
If this settlement gets the OK without any delays to address these very legitimate concerns of the class members, then the entire legal and justice system in the USA is a sham (just like our government).

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
Bad audio for the 16th. Why are consumers being asked to giving up their claims with the class? Back and forth with judge. (The transcript will hopefully be posted later.)

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
Bad audio for the 16th. Why are consumers being asked to giving up their claims with the class? Back and forth with judge. (The transcript will hopefully be posted later.)

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I agree with the latter, these cars attracted people with big commutes.
The idea is to give you value of your car if you sold it. Plus cash compensation in addition to that. So you get 6500 dollars plus what your car is worth on Sept 2015. If you drive 40k miles a year your car isn't going to be worth anything anyway.

But really if you are driving 40k miles a year in commute you should move. Why do that to yourself.

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
Judge says the settlement as a whole and dynamic is good. The atty. fees requested are not a part of the settlement, so the consumer is not losing out.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
If this settlement gets the OK without any delays to address these very legitimate concerns of the class members, then the entire legal and justice system in the USA is a sham (just like our government).
There aren't any legitimate concerns. If you don't like it don't take the settlement and sue them on your own. Let the rest of us get our winnings.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Come on yo eleven.....Mama needs new shoes!!!!