Dieselgate - Post Oct 18 Court Hearing

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Good points, article says about 2 dozen complainers have been selected. Would be great to hear their testimony...if anybody finds a transcript or video, please post.

Maybe a couple of owners who have suffered some sort of catastrophic failures.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Good points, article says about 2 dozen complainers have been selected. Would be great to hear their testimony...if anybody finds a transcript or video, please post.

Maybe a couple of owners who have suffered some sort of catastrophic failures.
They'll get posted here. Video of the "victim statements" would be a real riot. Anyone that would actually take a day off work to go in for this would be worth watching/listening to.

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Every other thread (that I could find) about the hearing has been closed by the moderator. I figured that title would be a clue that this is for new information starting the day of the hearing.
What other hearing threads are you talking about? :confused:

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
When there are dozens of commenters at a hearing, it is common to limit the time of their oral presentation. They can comment more extensively in submitted written comments.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If I had more free time today, I'd sign up, pay the $30, and give a play-by-play in this thread. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time. :(

wutech

TDI
2012 Jetta
There are 30 approved speakers in today's hearing and 2 minutes only applies to original statement, can go as long as needed if court has questions.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Looks like Court Call won't approve late additions without approval from the court itself. I tried calling the court to get that approval, but it just goes to voicemail. :(

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
You listening? Can you give us some play by play action?
I'm working, but will do my best. The audio quality is terrible. If the speaker is not loud enough, it goes dead, like every other word. I could only hear the first objector clearly.

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
VW defense is on now bragging about the size of the settlement. Audio still too choppy for any good info.

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
VW has not forgotten about the 3.0L owners. 2nd objector on. Sale must be rescinded due to breach of the clean air act.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
You, sir, just made this thread awesome! (evidenced by almost 250 people viewing it currently)

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
Keep the updates coming!
Do you have a link for us so we can listen in as well?
A live operator patched me in. No link unfortunately. And the audio is not good. I will do my best.

4th objector. Mad. Clean Diesel. Played the fool. The Sep. 18th date is irrelevant.

Storz

TDI
2012 Jetta
A live operator patched me in. No link unfortunately. And the audio is not good. I will do my best.
4th objector. Mad. Clean Diesel. Played the fool. The Sep. 18th date is irrelevant.
Really appreciate it, thanks! I had listed my TDI for sale last year about two week prior to the scandal news hitting because we wanted a bigger vehicle as our family was growing by 1, been a LONG year waiting for something to happen.

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
Keep it coming with the updates. I (and I'm sure the other 200+ people in this thread) really appreciate it!

gashead

TDI
2015 Jetta
I hope they resolve something today. My wife is doing 45,000 a year on her 2015 Jetta.
I'm losing settlement money daily. I'm going to the buy back and rent a car long term.
Let's wrap this up VW

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
I hope they resolve something today. My wife is doing 45,000 a year on her 2015 Jetta.
I'm losing settlement money daily. I'm going to the buy back and rent a car long term.
Let's wrap this up VW
45k? Holy moly

nextelmatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI, 2015 GTI
8th - Eligible sellers not receiving adequate compensation due to selling prior to the scandal date cutoff

Storz

TDI
2012 Jetta
I am less than 1000 miles away from going over the 75k threshold, also looking to get this wrapped up ASAP!