Buy back was yesterday

lennyd96

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, RIP 2010 Jetta TDI
After buying my Jetta new back in 2010 I became a member. I first want to thank everyone for there help through the years. I didn't post at all only because any questions I had were already answered on here. So after reading all the horror stories about people bring back there cars I was extremely nervous to say the least. My appointment was at 4:30 and I showed up around 3:30 to make sure I was on time. The lady came right out to see me and introduced her self. She went out to the car started it and took some pictures of it. She came back in side and showed me how much I was getting back with the current mileage. it was the exact same as when I looked it up on line. The whole thing took no more then 10 mins and that included her going out to take the pictures. She told me I would be notified by email to set up my account in 48 hours. If I didn't get that email by Tuesday to call her and she would find out what the problem was. That being said I did not try to paint my car, strip it or bring in a pile of crap. I even washed it before I brought it in. I guess that's just how I was raised. Common sense regardless of what is written in the documents.

Thanks again for all the info over the years.

Lenny

pikawel

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI
Your buyback experience has echoed my own. Problem free and prompt (with the exception of my banged up one... that took about an hour).

Like many, you probably won't have much of a reason to visit this forum after your buyback. As a forum user, I'll be the first for thanking you for using search, hahah. I was talking to friends of mine at work who told me that car forums are dying in favor of Facebook groups. I couldn't believe it! I understand the idea of forums is waning but the idea that anyone would lean on a Facebook group for finding information is preposterous.

May your next car purchase be as fulfilling and mired in less controversy!

PS: Classy move washing in before the buyback. I think you were raised right.

Yukon4Runner

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (buyback) 2015 Golf Sportwagen (buyback buy)
Good thing you washed it!

It can be very difficult to crush dusty and dirty cars.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I will be participating in a buyback tomorrow, and I hope it goes as smothly as those detailed here. Two differences: I am driving the Jetta in while the owners, my son and his wife, drive in another car. He is recovering from surgery and can't drive. The other unusual aspect is that the car was lightly T-boned 10 months ago, both passenger side doors unusable and duct taped. Car is fine otherwise, though, only 24K miles and drives like new, so I really don't anticipated pate a problem.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I will be participating in a buyback tomorrow, and I hope it goes as smothly as those detailed here. Two differences: I am driving the Jetta in while the owners, my son and his wife, drive in another car. He is recovering from surgery and can't drive. The other unusual aspect is that the car was lightly T-boned 10 months ago, both passenger side doors unusable and duct taped. Car is fine otherwise, though, only 24K miles and drives like new, so I really don't anticipated pate a problem.
Good luck Rico

LeahPharmD

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2004 Jetta TDI Wagon (Bio-diesel), 2012 Golf TDI (SOLD BACK)
Rico- let us know how you made out!

lennyd96

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, RIP 2010 Jetta TDI
Just a quick update. So my buy back was on Saturday and I got the email to setup my account on Tuesday. Today is now Thursday and the money was in my account this morning. I couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction then this.

Thanks again for all the help over the years. This will be my last post. But who knows maybe in a couple of years I"ll buy another TDI if they ever come back to the US.