trouble code: P0252 what is it

ss44camaro

TDI
2003 jetta gls
my car not running good. has no power. it just started all the sudden. i scanned it and it comes up with code P0252 (Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control). what does this mean. could it be just a clogged fuel filter? i just bought the car this month and i have been running bio diesel a friend of mine makes from waste veggie oil. he has been running it over a year and i have used 3 tanks so far. could this be a problem?

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
WVO can cause many problems.

It tends to break loose all kinds of crud in a hurry. It will clean the heck out of your fuel system, causing a large crud burst. Most of this should be caught by your filter.

Have you changed your filter? It is very common to plug a fuel filter when switching to WVO. This would be the first thing to do - replace it. A plugged filter can put bubbles in your injector pump. The bubbles will not allow the injector pump to send the right amount of fuel, the car's ECU senses this and increases the stroke, sometimes to a limit, causing an error code.

You can also plug your tank pickup unit. The thread below can help with that.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=68872

I am not a big fan of WVO in these cars - it seems too big a risk. But to each his own, ain't America great?

DanG

ss44camaro

TDI
2003 jetta gls
i replaced the fuel filter... seems to be running good. lost the little wire clip that holds the T fitting on top the filter on. hoping i can get a replacement with new clip at autozone. Is there anything else i should do. preventative maintence wise...?

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Put in some water removing fuel additive. Power Service and others make good ones. I would periodically add a biocide also - about every 3 to 6 months. Both of these are more important if you use WVO.

Check with other WVO users on oil change frequency - I know one guy who does it every 1000 miles.

DanG

Bio-Beetle

Veteran Member
I thought I would post my experience with this issue. Today I got a P0252 code in our 2003 Jetta TDI, and the car was running sluggishly. Never seen that code before. Found this thread and changed the fuel filter and all is well. DanG, thanks for the info.

Shaun

mbraden

TDI
10 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
I have the P0252 code and recently had my Injector Pump replaced. I just got back from a 2,500 mile trip after the Injector Pump was replaced . . . Any thoughts. The car runs great and I actually got 49+ mpg on this trip. Better than before the IP replacement.