2nd gen mod for Golf TDI

Gamo8860

TDI
2015 Golf
Curious if anyone else is waiting for the 2nd gen mod and has any info re when it will be offered? I - in good faith - chose to keep my lease and get the mods. I had no idea that the 2nd mod hadn't even been approved by the EPA when I chose this option. And of course VW didn't tell me. I have already had the first mod done and wondered why they hadn't notified me about the 2nd yet...nor sent me the first portion of my "restitution" payment. Many calls to the claims line later and two different answers and now a call to the attorneys that VW offers for appeals and problems with the claim process. I want to turn in my lease (when it is due in mid-April) and get another VW. But I will not receive the last 1/3 of my claim amount unless the mod is complete. Obviously I never would have chosen that option if they had really spelled it out to me AND I could have done what others are doing re buying the lease and then starting claims process under someone else's name. This has all been so frustrating.:mad:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Here's the info on the emissions fix that I received when I bought my '15 GSW:

I would imagine your car would be subject to the same fix in the same time frame.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Curious if anyone else is waiting for the 2nd gen mod and has any info re when it will be offered? I - in good faith - chose to keep my lease and get the mods. I had no idea that the 2nd mod hadn't even been approved by the EPA when I chose this option. And of course VW didn't tell me. I have already had the first mod done and wondered why they hadn't notified me about the 2nd yet...nor sent me the first portion of my "restitution" payment. Many calls to the claims line later and two different answers and now a call to the attorneys that VW offers for appeals and problems with the claim process. I want to turn in my lease (when it is due in mid-April) and get another VW. But I will not receive the last 1/3 of my claim amount unless the mod is complete. Obviously I never would have chosen that option if they had really spelled it out to me AND I could have done what others are doing re buying the lease and then starting claims process under someone else's name. This has all been so frustrating.:mad:

If VW doesn't announce PHASE II (not Gen II) of the fix by the time you want to turn in your lease - suck it up - you took a gamble and lost. Or you could see about buying out the lease and get phase II done when they are ready to do them. Since I'm an owner and not a lease holder - it doesn't matter to me when it's announced.

But yeah - statement is pretty much accurate - no Phase II - no more money.