Is anyone with a gen 2 3.0 still waiting for half the Bosch money?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I just called their info line and the representative, reading off a sheet, seemed to be telling me that because I purchased after September, 2015, the other half of my payment would not be payable until April, 2020. Which seems like BS. I have a Q5 purchased in January. The former owner did not file a claim. I received $750 in late July, shortly after having the qualification appointment, then nothing. Thanks in advance for replies or suggestions.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Nope, I have a Q5 I purchased in February as well. FO DID claim, oddly enough I have received two payments of $375 each.

ujames

TDI
YES
I just called their info line and the representative, reading off a sheet, seemed to be telling me that because I purchased after September, 2015, the other half of my payment would not be payable until April, 2020. Which seems like BS. I have a Q5 purchased in January. The former owner did not file a claim. I received $750 in late July, shortly after having the qualification appointment, then nothing. Thanks in advance for replies or suggestions.
I'm still waiting on the final payment of $750 after completing the fix. Anyone else hear about this "not payable until April 2020"?

Has anyone received their final $750 payment?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
I received this form letter:
Thank you for your correspondence.
There are a couple of reasons why you may have received a partial or split payment in the Bosch Settlement.
One reason is that your Eligible Vehicle claimed in the VW Settlement or Bosch Settlement is a Generation 3 2.0-liter vehicle and is currently in the two-part Approved Emissions Modifications (AEM) process. If you completed the first part of this process, you are eligible for 2/3rds of your allocation in the VW Settlements and 2/3rds of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement. You will receive the remaining third of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement shortly after you receive the 1/3rd supplemental payment in the VW Settlements.
Additionally, there is a 3.0-liter AEM (or ECR) that has not yet been approved on Generation 2 vehicles. If you were determined eligible in the VW Settlement, you would receive a “Participation Payment” that amounts to roughly half of your overall VW restitution. Likewise, your payment in the Bosch Settlement was roughly half of your automatic payment to mirror to that process in the VW Settlements.
Another reason why you may have received a split payment is because any Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive half payment of their total Eligible Bosch Settlement payment when their approved claims in the VW Settlement or in the Bosch Settlement have been identified eligible for payment in the Bosch Settlement. The Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive their Supplemental Payment at the end of the claims period (April 30, 2020), if no Former Owner or Former Lessee has perfected their claim for the Eligible Vehicle, at that time.
Current Owners who purchased on or before 9/18/15, will be paid their full allocation (not withstanding cases of AEM partial payment). In cases where there is a Former Owner/Lessee who has filed for the Eligible Vehicle claimed, the Current Owner will be paid half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment at the time their VW Settlement Claim or Bosch Settlement Claim has been identified as eligible for additional compensation in the Bosch Settlement.
The Current Owner will receive the other half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment if and when the Former Owner’s claim is withdrawn/cancelled in the VW Settlement (if determined that it is not possible to have a Former Owner for the Eligible Vehicle on the claim).
Regards,
My hunch is that the part about waiting until 2020 is only for cases where a dubious claim has been filed, and time is needed for it to clear the system. Nevertheless, I would hate to wait that long.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
We purchased our 3.0 at the end of January just like you. The previous owner did file a claim. We have not received ANY money from Bosch at this point! I am concerned about the status of the $750 that we are owed. That is a lot of $.

Its been so long that I can't even remember if there was a registration process for the Bosch money. I remember that for the 2.0 car we had we did nothing and a check simply arrived in the mail. Does the 3.0 check work the same way?

I find it really odd that they are mailing out multiple $375 checks as well.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
We purchased our 3.0 at the end of January just like you. The previous owner did file a claim. We have not received ANY money from Bosch at this point! I am concerned about the status of the $750 that we are owed. That is a lot of $.

Its been so long that I can't even remember if there was a registration process for the Bosch money. I remember that for the 2.0 car we had we did nothing and a check simply arrived in the mail. Does the 3.0 check work the same way?

I find it really odd that they are mailing out multiple $375 checks as well.
Participation in the VW Settlement automatically registered you in the Bosch Settlement. However, their records are such that the payments are all over the place. Some owners are getting all, some half, some none, and the reasons given by the representatives haven’t been consistently adhered too. What is more frustrating, the Bosch help team is not helpful. They won’t look up a VIN and give status, they only speak in generalities, even when you get hooked up with the supervisors.

Here’s my best *guess*: if you have gotten all monies owed, it is either because you had the fix done recently, or, are among the lucky ones. If you got half what you expect, hopefully you will get the other half shortly after getting the fix done. If you have gotten nothing so far, I would definitely call their help line and try to get to the supervisor level. Some cars seem to have been hit with bogus claims and the delay may be long (up to April, 2020) waiting for the bogus claim to be denied.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
2 Gen II Touaregs for me this year.
Acquired 1st early this year, insurance totaled it after damage from a deer collision. I filed for and received VW emissions compensation. It took 3-4 months for the 1,500 from Bosch to arrive. Called Bosch several times during that interim: was told they cut checks based on a regular updates from VW on VINs to pay out on. I suspect VW sends those updates on a regular schedule; once a quarter? don’t really know for certain.

Purchased second Touareg 2months ago and other then registering I haven’t scheduled any appointment to get ththem cash.

dyehead

TDI
2013 Q7 Prestige
I haven’t gotten any of the Bosch money and my car has been fixed. 2013 Q7 TDI. I submitted my claim in June.

Bosch had zero info for me when I asked when I’m getting paid. Zero commitment. Really don’t know who to go for to get any information at this point, the customer service line is completely worthless.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
I called the Bosch # as well, similar response. They don’t know squat until your vin is on the latest list from VW.
I called the VW settlement # and raised hell “Bosch says my vin is not on latest list. I got VW cash 3months ago, when are you going to tell Bosch my vin is elgible for their payment?”
3-4 weeks later I got Bosch check. Could have been entirely coincidental but the phone call to VW cost me nothing, left them on speaker while I was working at my desk.