What Corrosion Warranty? ***

Blauwagon

TDI
JettaWagon,2004,Blau
So I called VW on Dec 26th 2006
My rusty fender suprised me when the 6"x1" stip of paint fell off.

I thought well heck VW is working on there image and I'm sure they will honor the 12 year perforation warranty.

the dealers warranty guy said no problem somebody from VWOA has to see it and approve it.
By the way what is the mileage?
170k wow on an 02?.... uh ok. Somebody should call you next week..........

After 2 weeks........no calls.
After 4 weeks ....................no calls
Called the dealer .. hmm voicemail...Ok leave a message and guess what no call back!!

Where is that number for VWOA.
got it
Sorry sir I will follow up with you.....
(this was monday 29 jan )

VWOA has called 3 times since to kinda ask(hope) I've heard from someone but so far nothing.

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
welcome to the world of vw warranties. Take your car to the stealer and park it in their customer area. Put a huge lemon sticker on it and insist some one from the head office talks to you.

Just ask to get a portable phone, they can take it out to your parking stall.

Good luck.

QUEBEC TDI

TDI
99.5 jetta tdi
dont give up man.... call every day put some pressure on them !! Dont let them get away with this, i did the same and they finally change the fender, its a problem with all the tdi model, they know it!! thake photo with the volution of the rust on your fender!!

LOWRANGO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf GLS TDI Auto
bluesmoker said:
welcome to the world of vw warranties. Take your car to the stealer and park it in their customer area. Put a huge lemon sticker on it and insist some one from the head office talks to you.

Just ask to get a portable phone, they can take it out to your parking stall.

Good luck.
That just gets you thrown off private property...

for the problem at hand, there is a bulletin on front fenders rusting.

2011761/1 it covers the replacement and painting, including blending door for effected fenders.

Dorado

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle TDI, 2002, Cool White
Don't waste your time, call and email other VW dealers in your area. There is no reason to stick to any one of them.

Not all dealerships will be familiar with bodyshop work. So I would shop around. Usually dealers that sell a lot of used VW and other used cars have a closer working relationship with body shop places and may give you better service on that.