Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Should this go in emissions folder?

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
This article has nothing to do with the EPA, and everything to do with the state senate and the bill Gov. Brown supported. The head of CARB is even quoted saying she wants to do more.

I agree, it makes zero sense as presented. But I don't think it detracts from the hard work CARB and EPA have been doing. At the Port of Oakland, strict standards must be met to get a truck permitted to pick up cargo, but they don't have testing that I know of (get a decal based on installed equipment or manufacture date, and maybe a test at an outside facility), but the Port doesn't have influence over trucks picking up loads at warehouses and sorting docks outside of their area.

Are there interstate commerce implications that would make this a federal issue?

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
Are there interstate commerce implications that would make this a federal issue?
Bingo. Interstate? Try international. NAFTA, etc.

CA can't regulate diesel emissions so hard that it prevents easy flow of foreign goods.

Take it up with Trump, and good luck with that. Or Pruitt. He's a real environmental proponent. Ha!

Last edited:

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
When all of us stop replying to his asinine rants he will stop.