Missing parts, help?

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Looks like the EGR valve isn't on the firewall. Without a larger picture it's hard to see if the pcv valve is plugged in and the ASV is in place.
The EGR valve looks like the turbo valve on the firewall.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Your N75 certainly isn't where it should be.
And eddie, that N18 isn't called the EGR valve, mang.
Anyway, I would love a bunch more pics of that highline engine bay and the rest of it too
for that matter! What's the car's history, tdizen?
Welcome to the club!

EDIT: OK confusing. Looks like eddie is calling the N18 a turbo valve (which I guess...makes sense)
and calling the N75 the EGR valve ....which doesn't.
The turbo vacuum line runs straight into the N75 (which is missing from tdizen's car apparently).
Never mind me, tdizen, have a look at some stock engine bays online. You'll figure it out!

Last edited:

tdizen

TDI
Bora Highline TDI 130
Anyway, I would love a bunch more pics of that highline engine bay and the rest of it too
Welcome to the club!

EDIT: OK confusing. Looks like eddie is calling the N18 a turbo valve (which I guess...makes sense)
The turbo vacuum line runs straight into the N75 (which is missing from tdizen's car apparently).
Never mind me, tdizen, have a look at some stock engine bays online. You'll figure it out!
Thanks for the reply, Cant seem to find an engine bay.
The cars history so far is the previous owner has been opening the car up at home, he told me he had replaced the turbo recently, he told me the car will need a remap. the car drives fine for a few miles until the turbo cuts out and goes into limp mode. previous owner has fitted an exhaust which comes out from the rear passenger side of the vehicle and sounds atrocious, I am hoping i can get this car back to factory by fitting a normal exhaust.
I was wondering that it could be the N75 and N18.
will upload some more pics shortly.

Last edited:

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Welcome to the club!

I know it's not the EGR valve, it was a quick response.
The n18 is the EGR solenoid valve that actuates the actual EGR valve. Sorry bad grammar, or poor choice of words.
Yes an n75 is the turbo solenoid valve, I just left out solenoid in both...

Much larger picture if necessary to see what all is missing

tdizen

TDI
Bora Highline TDI 130
So basically you are advising me that the N75 and N18 Valve is missing.

I have spoken to a mechanic he has told me to change the full exhaust as its currently on a straight Pipe.

I have bought the factory exhaust and hopefully it should improve the vehicles economy and performance.

I cant seem to find a pic of a standard engine bay online. if someone could help me I would really appreciate.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
N75 actuates the turbo and is what's on the firewall. Straight pipe works on my car, I didn't remove the cat though. Muffler not necessary.

tdizen

TDI
Bora Highline TDI 130