Baltimore (mini)GTG - Photos, Photos, Photos!!!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I was talking to John at Impex last Saturday in what seems to be a weekly ritual with me and picking up parts that I've ordered.

While I was there, I asked John if he'd be interested in hosting a mini-GTG in the parking lot next to his place of business.

He agreed. The details aren't worked out, but if folks need to get oil filter, fuel filters, brake fluid, timing belts, cabin filters,Relay 109s and other things I'm sure we could make a list and ask John to have some stock on hand. Also, if folks need part numbers for things John can help out with that as well.

Maybe we could convince him to order (1) ONE of those metal grilles (which replaces the plastic underbelly pan)for all of us to look at???What other parts would people want to pick up?

I'm really wanting to have a NICE(and warm) Saturday where we can just stay outside. Perhaps Bernie will bring his grill and we can eat lunch picnic style? You know, pot luck type of thing. Bring chairs, coolers and stuff? Nice and casual.

There is a row of Antique stores nearby and some other stores if the significant others/partners accompany you.

I know there's a do-it-yourself car wash nearby if folks want to "give it a quick wash"

What do you folks in the B-more/Westminster/Reisterstown/BelAir area think?

Now, of course this is not just limited to Baltimore folks. Everyone is welcome.

I'm thinking before Rich's GTG in late April, although I don't think this one would conflict with his? Rich? Any thoughts?

Let's make a decision based upon interest.

Lito

[ April 15, 2002, 20:47: Message edited by: tongsli ]

diesel#2

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen, 2004.5 Passat Variant (sold), 2000 Golf (still in family), 1998 jetta (RIP)
April 13 or 14th would work best for me-- as I've missed the last several I'd like to make it to this one! C

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Count me in! Then all of your vehicles could meet the "immortal" (unofficial) non-hybrid North American fuel economy champion: my 1997 Passat TDI!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey!

What if I've already met you???LOL If this gets off the ground, which I hope it does, I'll need you guys to tell me what, if anything, you'd want John to get and stock for folks to pick up while we're at his place.

Keep the date suggestion coming, we'll need to finalize one with John. If the 13th is the best date and you can't make that one, Mikeworks is thinking of having a GTG in Southern Maryland and TDIBeliever is thinking of one in late April. I hope we have a GTG every 4 weeks or so!!!

Mikeworks, your place would be GREAT! when is the due date??? Let's plan yours in EARLY May just after Rich's? Solomon's Island is a GREAT place to have a GTG.

Rich (TDIBeliever) has a three car garage, pool, grill, etc, etc.

Also, John will need to make sure that we can use the parking lot next to his place. This has to be on a Saturday, because John's place is open for business on Saturday and I really didn't want to ask him to go to work on a Sunday.

Bernie? we need a grill

Lito

[ March 28, 2002, 20:25: Message edited by: tongsli ]

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
ok lito, you beat me to it...I was planning a GTG in April for down my way, maybe it will wait for may or early June, as long as it's before the little one gets here.

You can most likely count me in too!!!

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
jpltdi: What is really scary is that my E300 turbodiesel turns almost 90 miles an hour in the quarter mile, and this completely STOCK! I can only wonder what an Upsolute chip and an aftermarket air filter would do! Decisions, decisions...which car to bring?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ok, some more info. The other business next to Impex is a small independent tire shop. They do basic stuff, tire balancing, front-end alignments, suspensions. John is talking to them about participating in the GTG.

I for one, need my tires rotated and I'd like my front end alignment checked.

Sonny! It'd be great if you could come
Folks this means UPSOLUTE Chip tuning. I'm sure you could set up in John's place to do the chipping. Once the word gets out, the VOrtex boys will surely be there.

I'll keep folks posted here about this. Right now, it doesn't look like folks are that interested. It'd be nice to get some more folks committing to this GTG.

C'mon folks, where are you???
Minemapper?
Ron C
Mel(Gulfstream)
SVTWEB?
Michael?
Stephen?Beowulf?
Volksviggen?

Expressing interest so far:
Tomo
me
BRBARIAN
Diesel#2
Mikeworks
Tommy37
Brussels Belgian
jpltdi

Good start....but I know we've got alot more regulars around.

Lito

[ March 29, 2002, 20:51: Message edited by: tongsli ]

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Lito,
Thanks for trying to set up a social GTG, it sure would be fun. I would love to attend but at this juncture in my life; getting married, trying to finish off our house so we can move to Berlin, build our garage, finish my latest project and start a new one, get things going on our "field of dreams" as you call it project in Berlin .....my time is very limited.

If Rich is going to have a "working" GTG in late April I`ll have to opt for that one so I can get some under the hood time rather than just talking TDI. I am looking forward to the day when things calm down and I`ll have the time to attend the social GTGs once more. By this time next year I hope to be able to host working GTGs at our new location in Berlin with a heated garage and plenty of room. And oh yeah, a 500 gallon tank of B100 on site for those of you who want to refuel for the trip home with the best fuel in North America.

Have fun folks, see ya at TDI Believer`s at the end of April.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
I'm there as long as it can happen after April 15th. I don't get back from Armenia until then
. I'd love it if his neighbour is open. I'll have four new tires to mount and balance.

BTW, spotted an A6 2.5 TDI amongst all the Lada's and assorted junk this morning. Judging from the license plate, my interpreter said it would have to be a fairly senior ministry of defense official. He recommended against taking a picture of it......

Lots of other good pictures to share with you guys though. I'll put them up when I get home.

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
Sorry, Guys. I've been out of town for a couple of days. Lito, sounds like you've come up with a really good idea for a GTG. Unfortunately, I'm not available 'till April 27, and that's probably later than you had in mind. So, I'll just monitor the thread and see where it goes.

Thanks, Mel

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
I'll come, but it has to be after April 12th due to my trip to the Netherregions, and I am unavailable 19-21 of April.

volksviggen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS ,blue
Hey Lito!

Sounds like fun,but the 13 -14th are out for me due to this:

www.baltimoresymphony.org/season_tickets/view_details.asp?id=10000237

(Yes, that's me in the picture -the "Eurotrash Look" as praised by Wbill and Mary Anne
)

Interestingly, the concert is being sponsored by Audi of America,so maybe they will have some cool cars around .
.(NOT a plug,btw-I doubt there will be any diesels.)
K

[ March 30, 2002, 15:52: Message edited by: volksviggen ]

wbill

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf gl 3dr TRed
Alright I heard that!!!!!!!!!!!!

We won't be able to make it either, too much stuff
going on in April

wbill

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Man,

This is NOT good
6 people is ok, but really not that much. Maybe we need to wait on this one folks.

Thanks Eric, Kirsten, Bill, Matt, Jerry, Ron, Mel, Morris and everyone else

John and his tire shop neighbor aren't going away anytime soon. I'm sure if we re-schedule they'd be into it. Perhaps some more lead time, next time?

Rich and Mikeworks, looks like you guys are up to bat!!

I'll try to think of some other CREATIVE GTG ideas for us.... I don't want to completely give up on this one for the future.

Unless some other NEW folks come out of the woodwork.........we'll just try again???
What do you think? I'm always willing to make this go?? How many should we set as a minimum????

Guys?

Lito

[ March 30, 2002, 22:23: Message edited by: tongsli ]

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ok,

I'm not ready to give up Darn it!! Why? I'd still love to see you guys who've expressed interest even though some of the cast of regulars are not available.

The list:
Tomo
me
BRBARIAN
Diesel#2
Mikeworks
Tommy37
Brussels Belgian
jpltdi
SVTWeb
Birdman
Ron Lee
WBill
MBCII

The most important thing is... the TDI's, Bernie's grill, coolers of drinks, and a nice day. That's all we need, right???

13 and counting......

Date Saturday April 13th 9:00am till??? No rain date.

Impex Foreign auto parts and Wheel and Tire service?????

Lito

[ March 30, 2002, 22:39: Message edited by: tongsli ]

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Originally posted by BRUSSELS BELGIAN:
Then all of your vehicles could meet the "immortal" (unofficial) non-hybrid North American fuel economy champion: my 1997 Passat TDI!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jack, Congratulations on your sub 3liter/100km run.

Do tell me the details on how you upped my 632.2 miles on 8.18 gallons, 77.29 mpg (3.04 l/100km) mark for a 1,000 km distance.

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Lito,

I have to look at the calendar tonight and then see when I might be able to host the GTG down here. I am really psyched but I know we have to have it no later than the first week in June seeing that the little one is due the end of the month (June) and I wouldn’t dare plan anything any closer!!!

If you have yours, I’ll be there.

Mike

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The list:
Tomo
me
BRBARIAN
Diesel#2
Mikeworks
Tommy37
Brussels Belgian
jpltdi
SVTWeb
Birdman
Ron Lee
WBill
MBCII
Whitebelly

14 and counting.....

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Awesome!!!

I LOVE his car. That's great Tom. Ok 15 and counting...

This is gonna be great. Still looking into what type of prices this tire shop might charge for rotation and balance.

I called NTB and they told me they can't do Front end algnments on MKIV Jettas or Golfs? ***? Anyone know if this is true???

Lito