Interior lights come on mysteriously

ddafforn

TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI Pkg.1 Silver
A couple of weeks ago my wife found the battery dead in our 2006.5 Jetta TDI/DSG. She thought I had left the interior lights on, which I have been known to do from time to time. I charged the battery and all was O.K. Three days later same thing, dead battery, but this time we both knew we had not left any lights on. I charged the battery again and decided to have the dealer check it out. The battery checked bad and they replaced it with a new one. Great, all problems fixed right? Wrong, now from time to time the interior lights will come on for no apparent reason, while parked in the garage or as they did tonight when my wife was driving home with the headlights on and was at a stoplight. The interior lights came on briefly and went back off. All doors were properly closed each and every time this occurred. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this with their vehicle and if so what was the fix. I know if I take it back to the dealer that finding an intermittent problem like this is next to impossible.

53x19

It happened to me in November. That is the only time it has happened in 2 years of ownership. I also had a problem about 3 months in when my headlights wouldn't turn off. I had to crank the car to get them to turn off. It has never happened since....

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
Look at your door switches. I think they are in the door latch. I had one acting up, passenger side. It is a nusuance, so I haven't dug into unless it starts acting up. I will look at the manual and get back to you.